Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a small facility located in Derry, New Hampshire. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road grade. Based on our assessment, there are certainly far worse places out there. One of the better aspects of this facility's report card is its strong inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Derry senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility really outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our highest grades in that area with a grade of A-. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
The next highest category we awarded this facility in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of B-. Our short-term care grade is often used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To offer highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must provide better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's third most favorable category is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B-. Our long-term care grades are critical for prospective residents looking for non-healthcare services such as personal care. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 70 percent of its patients. This is several points below the national average. Fortunately, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The final area we rated is nursing. We gave this facility a C in that area. Nursing scores are tied to nurse staffing levels. This place provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a somewhat concerning figure as it is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 10.63% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.36% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term residents that sustained UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 31.72% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 8.89% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 80% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 16.81% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 12.98% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 12.98% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 22.63% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Derry Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 74.98% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.58 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.48 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.61 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.51 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Holy Family HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.75 miles away70 East Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Proprietary(978) 687-0156
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.69 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- Exeter Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 19.68 miles away5 Alumni Drive Exeter New Hampshire 03833Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 778-7311
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry5 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- Davita Derry Dialysis5 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Versailles Dialysis LLC8.94 miles away18 Pelham Road Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 870-9487
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire Inc9.38 miles away19 Keewadin Drive Suite 1 Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 1 (603) 870-0969
- Davita Manchester Dialysis9.84 miles away903 Hanover Street Manchester New Hampshire 03104Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 621-4903
- Bedford Dialysis Davita10.56 miles away15 Constitution Dr, Suite 1c Bedford New Hampshire 03110Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 471-1904
- Manchester Kidney Center10.75 miles away1750 Elm Street Suite 100 Manchester New Hampshire 03103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (603) 647-4042
- Davita Nashua Dialysis12.5 miles away38 Tyler Street Nashua New Hampshire 03061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (603) 598-1665