Located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Aurora on France is one of 52 options here. We awarded this facility an overall grade of A- which is an elite overall rating. This is ranked among the highest graded facilities in Minneapolis, which offers some quality nursing homes. At the end of the day, this nursing home is a wonderful choice for just about anybody. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile was its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Aurora on France
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
6500 France Avenue,
Minneapolis MN 55435
83.17% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility excelled in our inspections category, where it received an A+. Few places performed as well in this category. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also want to alert you to the fact that this nursing home received a strong grade of A in our short-term care area. Short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 5.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Aurora on France?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing rating is primarily based on a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was long-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of B-. Even though this proved to be its poorest category score, this is nevertheless not a bad grade. In calculating our long-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's personal care services. One of the data points we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aurora on France Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aurora on France, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aurora on France, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aurora on France, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients that had urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of poor nursing care. However, this metric can also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aurora on France, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aurora on France, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aurora on France, 4.58% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients showing signs of depression. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aurora on France, 93.31% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aurora on France, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aurora on France, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aurora on France, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aurora on France, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aurora on France, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 51 other nursing homes
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.08 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.66 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 5.9 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 7.17 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Fairview Ridges HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away201 East Nicollet Boulevard Burnsville Minnesota 55337Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 892-2101
- Edina Dialysis of Davita0.9 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371
- Fmc - Southtown Dialysis1.88 miles away7901 Xerxes Ave S Ste 103 Minneapolis Minnesota 55431Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 881-6986
- Davita - Richfield2.15 miles away6601 Lyndale Ave South Suite 150 Minneapolis Minnesota 55423Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 869-2118
- Bloomington Dialysis of Davita3.26 miles away8591 Lyndale Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (952) 703-5888
- Fmc Dialysis - South Minneapolis3.7 miles away4310 Nicollet Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 822-4411
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis3.86 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Davita - Uptown4.14 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita4.23 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400