Aurora on France turns out to be one of several available nursing homes to select from in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This is a quality facility with a grade of B+ overall. We were pleased to find out that many of the other nursing homes in Minneapolis received similar scores. You can certainly do much worse than this nursing home. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Aurora on France
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Minneapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home also earned first-rate health inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our best scores in that category, with a grade of A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to this nursing home's list of strengths, it also was given a very favorable short-term care grade. We awarded them a dominant strong of A in this area. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to score a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Aurora on France?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. In computing a facility's nursing rating, we consider the number of hours nurses commit to patients and the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving a resident even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was long-term care. In this area, we awarded this facility a decent grade of C. This actually is this nursing home's weakest area. Long-term care ratings are essential for people seeking personal care. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 96.969696 percent of its residents, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aurora on France Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aurora on France, 6.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aurora on France, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that have had falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aurora on France, 2.89% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. More frequent bathing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aurora on France, 15.26% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aurora on France, 11.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aurora on France, 4.16% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. High levels of depression could imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aurora on France, 94.15% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aurora on France, 13.41% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aurora on France, 14.49 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aurora on France, 77.42% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 15 other nursing homes
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.08 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.66 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 5.9 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 7.17 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Fairview Ridges HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away201 East Nicollet Boulevard Burnsville Minnesota 55337Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 892-2101
- Edina Dialysis of Davita0.9 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371
- Fmc - Southtown Dialysis1.88 miles away7901 Xerxes Ave S Ste 103 Minneapolis Minnesota 55431Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 881-6986
- Davita - Richfield2.15 miles away6601 Lyndale Ave South Suite 150 Minneapolis Minnesota 55423Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 869-2118
- Bloomington Dialysis of Davita3.26 miles away8591 Lyndale Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (952) 703-5888
- Fmc Dialysis - South Minneapolis3.7 miles away4310 Nicollet Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 822-4411
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis3.86 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Davita - Uptown4.14 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita4.23 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400