Located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Aurora on France is one of 53 options here. We awarded this facility a very strong overall score of A. Consequently, it is one of the better nursing homes in Minneapolis. This is an impressive achievement since the city features some very good nursing homes. At the end of the day, this nursing home should be a wonderful choice for most people. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Aurora on France
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled at short-term care, where it received a grade of A+. Short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This facility also earned an A+ inspection score, making it one of the rare places to receive multiple A+'s in our category grades. Our inspection scores are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Aurora on France?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. The nursing grade includes a host of subcategories. The most heavily weighted one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is long-term care. We awarded this facility a decent score in that area, with a grade of B-. Although this was not as high as several of its other grades, it is nevertheless not a bad grade. In calculating our long-term care ratings, we assess the facility's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. One of the data points we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aurora on France Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aurora on France, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aurora on France, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients that had a fall resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aurora on France, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aurora on France, 16.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aurora on France, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aurora on France, 4.73% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aurora on France, 93.57% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aurora on France, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aurora on France, 20.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aurora on France, 20.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aurora on France, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aurora on France, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 52 other nursing homes
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.08 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.66 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 5.9 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 7.17 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Fairview Ridges HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away201 East Nicollet Boulevard Burnsville Minnesota 55337Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 892-2101
- Edina Dialysis of Davita0.9 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371
- Fmc - Southtown Dialysis1.88 miles away7901 Xerxes Ave S Ste 103 Minneapolis Minnesota 55431Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 881-6986
- Davita - Richfield2.15 miles away6601 Lyndale Ave South Suite 150 Minneapolis Minnesota 55423Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 869-2118
- Bloomington Dialysis of Davita3.26 miles away8591 Lyndale Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (952) 703-5888
- Fmc Dialysis - South Minneapolis3.7 miles away4310 Nicollet Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 822-4411
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis3.86 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Davita - Uptown4.14 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita4.23 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400