Aurora Manor Special Care Cent is located in Aurora, Ohio, a city with a total of 19,561 people. This proved to be a middle of the road facility, with an overall grade of B-. This nursing home has a few things working in its favor. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection reports, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Aurora Manor Special Care Cent
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Aurora senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its relatively modest overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than the facility's overall rating. Our inspection ratings are tied to several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies an immediate threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility an B+. Our nursing score assesses a handful of factors, but the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Aurora Manor Special Care Cent?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we analyzed was short-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of B- in this area. Short-term care scores are critical for individuals needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care, turned out to be this nursing home's worst category. We gave this facility a D in this area. This really was one of the couple of weak links of an otherwise strong profile. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category likely don't provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other nursing homes offer. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to a relatively low 78.94737 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aurora Manor Special Care Cent Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care patients that experienced a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 21.39% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 88.91% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Many would argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.21 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.31 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.74 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.87 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Uh Geauga Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.07 miles away13207 Ravenna Rd Chardon Ohio 44024Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 269-6000
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 18.01 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 18.37 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis4.41 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Fmc - Streetsboro Kidney Center5.11 miles away9200 Staples Drive, Ste A Streetsboro Ohio 44241Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 422-0160
- Fmc - Solon7.74 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.8.84 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall10.33 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.10.6 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Davita Ravenna Dialysis Total Renal Care10.91 miles away600 Enterprise Parkway Ravenna Ohio 44266Dialysis Stations: 9 (330) 297-5846
- Fmc - Portage County Kidney Center11.19 miles away401 Devon Place Ste 100 Kent Ohio 44240CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 677-0880