Aurora Manor Special Care Cent is located in Aurora, Ohio, a city with a total of 19,561 people. This proved to be a middle of the road facility, with an overall grade of C. This nursing home has a few things working in its favor. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection reports, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Aurora Manor Special Care Cent
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its relatively modest overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than the facility's overall rating. Our inspection ratings are tied to several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more impressive category grades came in the category of short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B. It actually fared better than most nursing homes in this area. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to offer quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Aurora Manor Special Care Cent?
Long-term Care Quality
Our third category we assessed was long-term care, where this nursing home was given an F. Nursing homes that do not fare well in this category typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 91.034485 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be slightly less than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
Switching gears to our last category, this nursing home really did not perform very well. With a rock bottom grade of F in nursing, this is this nursing home's worst category grade. The nursing rating analyzes quite a few data points, many of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. With a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, this place's nurse staffing levels were quite a bit below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aurora Manor Special Care Cent Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained a fall which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 20% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 90.19% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aurora Manor Special Care Cent, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Aurora, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Aurora, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.21 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.31 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.74 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.87 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Uh Geauga Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.07 miles away13207 Ravenna Rd Chardon Ohio 44024Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 269-6000
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 18.01 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 18.37 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis4.41 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Fmc - Streetsboro Kidney Center5.11 miles away9200 Staples Drive, Ste A Streetsboro Ohio 44241Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 422-0160
- Fmc - Solon7.74 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.8.84 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall10.33 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.10.6 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Davita Ravenna Dialysis Total Renal Care10.91 miles away600 Enterprise Parkway Ravenna Ohio 44266Dialysis Stations: 9 (330) 297-5846
- Fmc - Portage County Kidney Center11.19 miles away401 Devon Place Ste 100 Kent Ohio 44240CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 677-0880