Aultman Transitional Care Center is a small non-profit facility located in Canton, Ohio. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the top grades we offer. We simply can not say enough favorable things about this place. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's stellar profile is its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Aultman Transitional Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2821 Woodlawn Avenue Nw,
Canton OH 44708
52.83% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in the area of short-term care, where it received an A+. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. This nursing home is substantially above the national average in terms of its quantity of both physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents. In fact, it provided about 50% more care per resident from both of these care providers than the average facility provided. These are generally good indicators of quality short-term care. The last measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it fared as well as just about any nursing home in Ohio in this area with 77.1 percent of its residents returning home. At most nursing homes, fewer than half of their short-stay residents are able to return home.
This nursing home also earned an A+ inspection grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+'s in our category grades. Our inspection scores account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category typically have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Aultman Transitional Care Center?
This nursing home also received an A+ for its nursing grade. The nursing category includes quite a few datapoints, many of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 6.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This was one of the more impressive figures we found. Furthermore, a significant portion of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. These are both really impressive figures. In addition to providing impressive levels of nursing care, this place also excelled in the quality measures we assessed. It performed as well as any facility in the nation in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at was long-term care. In this area, we awarded this facility a solid grade of C. This actually is this facility's worst category. For patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility submitted vaccination data. Finally, this place excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aultman Transitional Care Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aultman Transitional Care Center, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aultman Transitional Care Center, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Canton, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Canton, Ohio has 6 other nursing homes
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away1320 Mercy Drive Nw Canton Ohio 44708Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 489-1080
- Aultman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.83 miles away2600 Sixth Street Sw Canton Ohio 44710Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 363-6352
- Aultman Orrville HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 17.19 miles away832 South Main Street Orrville Ohio 44667Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 682-3010
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 17.49 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.85 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Alliance Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.96 miles away200 East State Street Alliance Ohio 44601Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 596-7018
- Davita Belden Community Dialysis0.95 miles away4685 Fulton Road Nw Canton Ohio 44718CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (330) 649-9300
- Davita - Mercy Canton Dialysis2.34 miles away1320 Mercy Drive N W Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 580-4001
- Fmc- Stark County Dialysis2.64 miles away2835 Tuscarawas Street West Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 456-3997
- Davita Canton Dialysis2.65 miles away2912 W Tuscarawas St Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 27 (330) 458-0150
- Davita - Massillon Community Dialysis3.84 miles away2112 Lincoln Way East Massillon Ohio 44646Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 837-7730
- Fmc - Massillon Dialysis Center5.15 miles away2474 Lincoln Way East Massillon Ohio 44646Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 837-2575
- Davita Navarre Dialysis8.57 miles away517 Park St Nw Suite A Navarre Ohio 44662Dialysis Stations: 7 (330) 879-5270
- Kamaka Dialysis LLC9.15 miles away1587 Boettler Rd Suite 130 Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 14 (330) 899-0035