Aultman Woodlawn is a small non-profit nursing home in Canton, Ohio. After receiving an A overall grade, this nursing home has the prestigious distinction of being one of the top 100 facilities in Ohio. This is an impressive achievement in a state with a long list of elite facilities. We can't find many bad things to say about this facility. Its scores are as good as they get. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's remarkable profile is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
2821 Woodlawn Avenue Nw,
Canton OH 44708
72% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Canton, Ohio Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of short-term care. In crafting these short-term care scores, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to formulate a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Adding to an already impressive profile, this facility also received virtually flawless health inspections in recent years. As a result, we awarded it an A+ inspection grade. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some are quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Aultman Woodlawn?
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Nursing grades are tied to nurse staffing levels. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning residents more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is long-term care. In this category, we awarded this facility a solid grade of B-. This was this facility's weakest category. With our long-term care rating, we focus more on the sheer volume of services offered by a nursing home, along with a handful of quality measures. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home provided data regarding vaccinations. Finally, this place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aultman Woodlawn Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aultman Woodlawn, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aultman Woodlawn, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Canton, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Canton, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away1320 Mercy Drive Nw Canton Ohio 44708Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 489-1080
- Aultman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.83 miles away2600 Sixth Street Sw Canton Ohio 44710Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 363-6352
- Aultman Orrville HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 17.19 miles away832 South Main Street Orrville Ohio 44667Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 682-3010
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 17.49 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.85 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Alliance Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.96 miles away200 East State Street Alliance Ohio 44601Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 596-7018
- Davita Belden Community Dialysis0.95 miles away4685 Fulton Road Nw Canton Ohio 44718CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (330) 649-9300
- Davita - Mercy Canton Dialysis2.34 miles away1320 Mercy Drive N W Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 580-4001
- Fmc- Stark County Dialysis2.64 miles away2835 Tuscarawas Street West Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 456-3997
- Davita Canton Dialysis2.65 miles away2912 W Tuscarawas St Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 27 (330) 458-0150
- Davita - Massillon Community Dialysis3.84 miles away2112 Lincoln Way East Massillon Ohio 44646Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 837-7730
- Fmc - Massillon Dialysis Center5.15 miles away2474 Lincoln Way East Massillon Ohio 44646Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 837-2575
- Davita Navarre Dialysis8.57 miles away517 Park St Nw Suite A Navarre Ohio 44662Dialysis Stations: 7 (330) 879-5270
- Kamaka Dialysis LLC9.15 miles away1587 Boettler Rd Suite 130 Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 14 (330) 899-0035