Audubon Health and Rehab is in Thibodaux, Louisiana. This city has a population of 43,037 people. This is a quality facility with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Thibodaux. In our view, this facility is a good fit for most people. The best part of this facility's impressive report card was its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Audubon Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2110 Audubon Avenue,
Thibodaux LA 70301
59.5% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home also received first-rate health inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our better grades in that category, with an A+. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded high scores in the category of long-term care as well. Consequently, we gave it one of our highest grades in that area with a score of A-. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 95.07772 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Audubon Health and Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a solid grade of C. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. We weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
The next category we scored was nursing. We awarded this facility a grade of D in nursing, making this the facility's worst area. The nursing rating includes many subcategories, however, the main one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This facility performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Audubon Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 9.76% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 2.79% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 16.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 1.48% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 89.54% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 17.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 15.38% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 2.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 15.38 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 12.77 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
- Thibodaux Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away602 N Acadia Road Thibodaux Louisiana 70301Government - Hospital District or Authority(985) 447-5500
- Terrebonne General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.7 miles away8166 Main Street Houma Louisiana 70360Government - Hospital District or Authority(985) 873-4141
- Ochsner St Anne General HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.66 miles away4608 Highway 1 Raceland Louisiana 70394Voluntary non-profit - Private(985) 537-8377
- Leonard J Chabert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.06 miles away1978 Industrial Blvd Houma Louisiana 70363Voluntary non-profit - Other(985) 873-2200
- Assumption Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 18.04 miles away135 Highway 402 Napoleonville Louisiana 70390Voluntary non-profit - Private(985) 369-3600
- St James Parish HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 19.71 miles away1645 Lutcher Avenue Lutcher Louisiana 70071Government - Hospital District or Authority(225) 869-5512
- Fmcna - Thibodaux0.23 miles away694 S Acadia Rd Thibodaux Louisiana 70301CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (985) 448-3540
- Fkc - North Thibodaux2.1 miles away108 Westover Drive Thibodaux Louisiana 70301Dialysis Stations: 13 (985) 446-1389
- Fkc - Houma Home Program12.42 miles away143 War Horse Place Houma Louisiana 70360Dialysis Stations: 1 (985) 851-6634
- Fmcna - North Houma Dialysis12.44 miles away144 War Horse Pl Houma Louisiana 70360Dialysis Stations: 17 (985) 876-6304
- Fmcna - Houma13.99 miles away800 Point St Houma Louisiana 70360Dialysis Stations: 25 (985) 868-0989
- Fkc - East Houma14.75 miles away707 Grand Caillou Rd Houma Louisiana 70363Dialysis Stations: 13 (985) 262-4143
- Vacherie Dx15.66 miles away2504 Hiway 20 Ste B Vacherie Louisiana 70090Dialysis Stations: 12 (225) 265-9030
- Raceland Dialysis Ctr15.9 miles away4601 Highway 1 Raceland Louisiana 70394Dialysis Stations: 8 (985) 537-6962