Audubon Health and Rehab is in Thibodaux, Louisiana. This city has a population of 43,037 people. This is a good facility with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Thibodaux. In our view, this facility would be a good fit for most people. One of the major highlights of this facility's profile is its remarkable inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Audubon Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its decent overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than the facility's overall grade. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another strength of this nursing home is its very strong score in long-term care. We gave it one of our most impressive scores in that category, with a score of A-. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 92.06349 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is somewhat less than we were hoping for but still a decent figure. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Audubon Health and Rehab?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. Nursing grades are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This particular facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This figure is significantly below average. Lastly, although this place got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this statistic.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was short-term care. We gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is an abysmal grade. This is obviously a major concern. Our short-term care grades are meaningful for people needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more skilled nursing. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. It looks like this facility was below average in many staffing metrics we assessed. The facility supplied fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most facilities. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 3.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Audubon Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 9.89% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained a fall which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 2.76% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 15.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 22.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 1.54% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many argue that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 89.03% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 16.37% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 1.85 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 16.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Audubon Health and Rehab, 12.9 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
- Thibodaux Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away602 N Acadia Road Thibodaux Louisiana 70301Government - Hospital District or Authority(985) 447-5500
- Terrebonne General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.7 miles away8166 Main Street Houma Louisiana 70360Government - Hospital District or Authority(985) 873-4141
- Ochsner St Anne General HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.66 miles away4608 Highway 1 Raceland Louisiana 70394Voluntary non-profit - Private(985) 537-8377
- Leonard J Chabert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.06 miles away1978 Industrial Blvd Houma Louisiana 70363Voluntary non-profit - Other(985) 873-2200
- Assumption Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 18.04 miles away135 Highway 402 Napoleonville Louisiana 70390Voluntary non-profit - Private(985) 369-3600
- St James Parish HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 19.71 miles away1645 Lutcher Avenue Lutcher Louisiana 70071Government - Hospital District or Authority(225) 869-5512
- Fmcna - Thibodaux0.23 miles away694 S Acadia Rd Thibodaux Louisiana 70301CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (985) 448-3540
- Fkc - North Thibodaux2.1 miles away108 Westover Drive Thibodaux Louisiana 70301Dialysis Stations: 13 (985) 446-1389
- Fkc - Houma Home Program12.42 miles away143 War Horse Place Houma Louisiana 70360Dialysis Stations: 1 (985) 851-6634
- Fmcna - North Houma Dialysis12.44 miles away144 War Horse Pl Houma Louisiana 70360Dialysis Stations: 17 (985) 876-6304
- Fmcna - Houma13.99 miles away800 Point St Houma Louisiana 70360Dialysis Stations: 25 (985) 868-0989
- Fkc - East Houma14.75 miles away707 Grand Caillou Rd Houma Louisiana 70363Dialysis Stations: 13 (985) 262-4143
- Vacherie Dx15.66 miles away2504 Hiway 20 Ste B Vacherie Louisiana 70090Dialysis Stations: 12 (225) 265-9030
- Raceland Dialysis Ctr15.9 miles away4601 Highway 1 Raceland Louisiana 70394Dialysis Stations: 8 (985) 537-6962