Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center is a large nursing home in Langhorne, Pennsylvania. We gave this facility an overall grade of C. A score in this range requires some solid marks. Based on our analysis, there are definitely much worse facilities out there. The best part of this place's report card was its stellar inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Langhorne senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection grades are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a middle of the pack score in the area of short-term care, where it received a B-. Our short-term care ratings are believed to be most important for individuals requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 5.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. Our nursing rating considers a variety of factors. The most important factor is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a low total compared to most facilities. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final area, this facility really didn't fare well. With a very poor grade of F in long-term care, this is its poorest category. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We discovered that this facility gave the vaccine to just 82.311325 percent of its residents, which is slightly concerning. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 3.3% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 86.27% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Oxford Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.55 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.48 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.48 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.09 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.56 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Langhorne Dialysis Center1.91 miles away880 Town Center Drive Langhorne Pennsylvania 19047CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (215) 757-4115
- Dialysis Center at Oxford Court2.05 miles away930 Town Center Drive, Suite G-100 Langhorne Pennsylvania 19047Dialysis Stations: 14 (215) 750-9831
- Newtown Dialysis Center2.79 miles away60 Blacksmith Road Newtown Pennsylvania 18940Dialysis Stations: 18 (267) 757-8060
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.2.95 miles away105 Terry Drive Suite 118 Newtown Pennsylvania 18940Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 968-3064
- Bristol Dialysis LLC4.77 miles away1900 Frost Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 785-0382
- Davita Neshaminy Dialysis5.22 miles away2 Neshaminy Interplex Drive Building 2, Suite 110 Feasterville Trevose Pennsylvania 19053Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 245-6590
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greater Northeast7.81 miles away10500 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116Dialysis Stations: 15 (215) 673-3923
- Bensalem Dialysis Center8.16 miles away1336 Bristol Pike Units 12 &13 Bensalem Pennsylvania 19020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 638-8671