Attleboro Healthcare is a senior living facility located in Attleboro, Massachusetts, which has a population of 43,593 people. We gave this nursing home an F, which is really a bottom of the barrel score in our grading scheme. This nursing home is really as bad as it gets. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Attleboro senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
While we gave this facility a terrible overall score, we gave it a grade of C for short-term care. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. In this place's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. Our nursing rating considers a number of datapoints. The most heavily weighted variable is the number of hours nurses spend with residents. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics. Although this nursing home got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in a few of these quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this metric. This is often an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Attleboro Healthcare?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also didn't fare terribly in the category of long-term care. Indeed, we gave it a grade of C for that category, which happens to be among its more favorable grades. Our long-term care grade focuses on a nursing home's personal care instead of the skilled therapy and healthcare services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. One of the criteria we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 93.10345 percent of its patients. Fortunately, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Unfortunately, this facility did not receive a favorable inspection rating. We gave it just a just D in this category. Inspection ratings relate to a nursing home's inspection reports. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. We recommend you scrutinize the severity of the deficiencies. This particular facility had a deficiency by CMS. Fortunately, it wasn't in a category that suggests that it created a risk to patient safety or health. Finally, we also want to point out that this place received significant government fines totaling more than $100,000. This usually suggests that a nursing home's poor performance has been an issue for more than one year.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Attleboro Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Attleboro Healthcare, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents which suffer from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Attleboro Healthcare, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care residents which sustained falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Attleboro Healthcare, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents who sustained urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Attleboro Healthcare, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Attleboro Healthcare, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Attleboro Healthcare, 2.48% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Attleboro Healthcare, 91.39% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Attleboro Healthcare, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Attleboro Healthcare, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who maintained mobility.
In Attleboro Healthcare, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Attleboro Healthcare, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Attleboro Healthcare, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Attleboro Healthcare, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.21 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.97 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.21 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.25 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.4 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 11.48 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 11.64 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Attleboro Dialysis Center0.59 miles away111 Pleasant St Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 226-0218
- Dialysis Center of Attleboro LLC0.74 miles away217 South Main Street Store 7 Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 18 (508) 236-6041
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket6.52 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Nna - Pawtucket7.34 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Taunton Regional Dialysis Center7.74 miles awayMill River Place 1 Washington St, Suite 9 Taunton Massachusetts 02780CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (508) 828-5986
- Dialysis Center of East Providence9.76 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Nna of Providence9.94 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital10.01 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440