Atrium Post Acute Care of Woodbury is located in West Deptford, New Jersey. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B. A score in this range requires respectable scores in most areas. You could certainly do much worse than this facility. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Atrium Post Acute Care of Woodbury
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on West Deptford senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in West Deptford, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall score, this nursing home performed even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the facility's recent inspections. We awarded it an A for that area, which is one of our best grades. Our inspection scores are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received impressive marks in the area of short-term care as well. In fact, we awarded it one of our most dominant scores in that area with a area of A-. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Atrium Post Acute Care of Woodbury?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of C. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. We analyzed the licensure of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses were with residents, in calculating our rating in this category. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored is long-term care, which proved to be this facility's least impressive category. We awarded this nursing home a D in this category. Sadly, this score hurt the facility's overall profile to a certain degree. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means the nursing home didn't perform well in our measures relating to resident care. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. As it turns out, this nursing home vaccinated just 73.77049 percent of its residents, which is a bit of a concern. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Atrium Post Acute Care of Woodbury Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Woodbury, 17.07% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Woodbury, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Woodbury, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term patients who have suffered from UTI's. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Woodbury, 7.41% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Woodbury, 17.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Woodbury, 7.27% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Woodbury, 80.64% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Woodbury, 1.72% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Woodbury, 5.17% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Woodbury, 5.17% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Woodbury, 7.66% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Woodbury, 81.55% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 0.79 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.98 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.63 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 8.42 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Hahnemann University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away230 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Proprietary(215) 762-7000
- Fmc Woodbury Dialysis Ctr0.71 miles away571 North Evergreen Ave West Deptford New Jersey 08096CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 853-8735
- Fresenius Medical Care Deptford LLC1.62 miles away1689 Delsea Drive West Deptford New Jersey 08096Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 468-5049
- Davita Brooklawn Dialysis3.53 miles away700 Crescent Blvd Ste 10b Gloucester City New Jersey 08030Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 456-1230
- Fkc Liberty Runnemede4.18 miles away170 Ninth Avenue Unit B Runnemede New Jersey 08078Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 312-0101
- Dialysis Unit of Center City Philadelphia, LLC4.31 miles away230 N. Broad Street Bobst Building, 12th Floor Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 563-9383
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Washington Twp4.7 miles awayDialysis Unit 300 Medical Center Dr Sewell New Jersey 08080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Davita Renal Center of Sewell4.7 miles awayRenal Center 660 Woodbury-Glassboro Rd, Suite 29 Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 464-1172
- The Kidney Center of South Philadelphia, LLC6.58 miles away1930 South Broad Street, Unit 7 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19145CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 463-3120