Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge is located in Park Ridge, New Jersey, a city with a total of 8,669 people. Sporting an overall rating of B+, this facility should work for most prospective residents. This place truly has plenty of good features. Fortunately, this nursing home did not have any weak links in any of the four major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
120 Noyes Drive,
Park Ridge NJ 07656
48.28% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Nursing ratings are largely associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed is short-term care. This facility was awarded a very positive short-term care grade, with a grade of B in the category. Our short-term care grades are believed to be most important for folks in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually requires more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 4.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is long-term care. In this area, we gave this facility a solid grade of B-. This turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive area. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility provided the vaccine to 98.96194 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable statistic. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who sustained falls resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term care residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 5.95% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 91.97% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility.
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 3.97 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.26 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- Good Samaritan Hospital of SuffernAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away255 Lafayette Avenue Suffern New York 10901Voluntary non-profit - Church(845) 368-5000
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Phelps Memorial Hospital AssnAcute Care Hospitals 10.28 miles away701 North Broadway Tarrytown New York 10591Voluntary non-profit - Other(914) 366-3000
- Davita Renal Center of Westwood4.13 miles away363 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 664-6649
- Rockland County Dialysis4.3 miles away203 West Route 59 Nanuet New York 10954Dialysis Stations: 20 (845) 501-7590
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC7.26 miles away131 Route 303 Valley Cottage New York 10989CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (845) 268-2777
- Friedwald Center for Dialysis7.72 miles away475 New Hempstead Road New City New York 10956Dialysis Stations: 9 (845) 678-2000
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus7.81 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis8.18 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Davita Radburn Dialysis8.22 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC8.48 miles away30 Route 59 Suffern New York 10901CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (845) 357-0452