Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge is located in Park Ridge, New Jersey, a city with a total of 8,669 people. Sporting an overall rating of B, this facility is a quality choice. This facility definitely has plenty working in its favor. We were also pleased to find that this place didn't have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Park Ridge senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong nursing home overall, this place especially excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Not many facilities performed better in that area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively minor. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Building on its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this facility an B+ for nursing. Our nursing grade weighs many components, however, the primary one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable area is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. Long-term care scores are crucial for individuals needing non-healthcare services such as personal care. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed is short-term care. This facility received a B- for the category. Our short-term care ratings are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 2.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that have sustained falls leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 0.9% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay patients which sustained UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 22.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 5.78% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 97.59% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 9.4% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 9.47% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 9.47% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 5.54% of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge, 82.64% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 3.97 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.26 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- Good Samaritan Hospital of SuffernAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away255 Lafayette Avenue Suffern New York 10901Voluntary non-profit - Church(845) 368-5000
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Phelps Memorial Hospital AssnAcute Care Hospitals 10.28 miles away701 North Broadway Tarrytown New York 10591Voluntary non-profit - Other(914) 366-3000
- Davita Renal Center of Westwood4.13 miles away363 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 664-6649
- Rockland County Dialysis4.3 miles away203 West Route 59 Nanuet New York 10954Dialysis Stations: 20 (845) 501-7590
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC7.26 miles away131 Route 303 Valley Cottage New York 10989CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (845) 268-2777
- Friedwald Center for Dialysis7.72 miles away475 New Hempstead Road New City New York 10956Dialysis Stations: 9 (845) 678-2000
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus7.81 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis8.18 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Davita Radburn Dialysis8.22 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC8.48 miles away30 Route 59 Suffern New York 10901CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (845) 357-0452