Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan is located in Matawan, New Jersey, a city with 30,770 people. It looks like this is a very respectable facility. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. This place definitely has plenty going for it. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card was its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a strong overall grade, this facility fared even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the facility's recent inspections. We gave it an A+ for this category, which is one of our highest grades. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of B+. It performed better than most facilities in this category. Short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this area is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. While this wasn't quite as good as some of its other category grades, this isn't a bad score either. We assessed the licensure of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses were with residents, in computing our score in this area. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, while this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared remarkably well in this metric.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care, turned out to be this facility's least impressive area. We gave this nursing home a D in this category. This really is one of the couple of weak links on an otherwise strong report card. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. After we finished looking at the volume of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 98.59155 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who have sustained a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents which are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan, 5.81% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan, 92% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Some argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Atrium Post Acute Care of Matawan, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.29 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 8.5 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.22 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 12.35 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.44 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.97 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 15.01 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Staten Island University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.14 miles away475 Seaview Avenue Staten Island New York 10305Voluntary non-profit - Private(418) 226-9761
- Fmc Madison Dialysis at Matawan0.72 miles away625 Highway 34 Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 9 (732) 566-0471
- Matawan Dialysis1.15 miles away764 Highway 34 Suite A Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 583-1085
- Davita Holmdel Dialysis2.28 miles away668 North Beers Street Holmdel New Jersey 07733CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 302-0321
- Dva Old Bridge Dialysis Ctr4.72 miles awayDavita Kidney Care 262 Texas Rd Old Bridge New Jersey 08857CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 591-4931
- Dva Perth Amboy Dialysis Ctr7.6 miles away271 King Street Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 442-3836
- Davita Freehold Dialysis8.78 miles away300 Craig Road Century Office Park Englishtown New Jersey 07726CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 303-1589
- Meridian Fresenius Dialysis Red Bank9.58 miles away48 East Front Street Red Bank New Jersey 07701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 530-2239
- Shining Star Davita Middletown Dc9.67 miles awayUnion Square Plaza 500 Route 35 South Red Bank New Jersey 07701Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 576-9900