Spring Hills Post Acute Hamilton is located in Trenton, New Jersey, a city with a total of 230,121 people. We awarded this facility an above average overall grade of A-. Indeed, we ranked it as the second best facility in Trenton. At the end of the day, this place is a great choice for most people. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile was its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Spring Hills Post Acute Hamilton
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this facility an A for inspections. Our inspection scores are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its top-shelf achievements in other areas, we gave this facility a grade of A for its short-term care score. In calculating these short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to formulate a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Spring Hills Post Acute Hamilton?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third category, we gave this nursing home a grade of A- for its long-term care grade. This is a superb grade. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In our final area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for our nursing rating. This finished off a very impressive report card. Nursing scores are primarily tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning residents more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Spring Hills Post Acute Hamilton Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Spring Hills Post Acute Hamilton, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Spring Hills Post Acute Hamilton, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Trenton, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Trenton, New Jersey has 10 other nursing homes
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.57 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.81 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.15 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.99 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 19.2 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Fmc Hamilton Square0.08 miles awayTwo Hamilton Health Place Trenton New Jersey 08690CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 689-9260
- Davita Renal Center Hamilton2.67 miles away1013 Whitehorse Avenue Trenton New Jersey 08610Dialysis Stations: 19 (609) 438-3002
- Davita Renal Ctr Trenton2.69 miles awayC/O St. Francis Hospital 601 Hamilton Ave 1st Floor Trenton New Jersey 08629Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 393-2388
- Fmc Hamilton Home LLC3.5 miles away3836 Quakerbridge Road Suite 208 Trenton New Jersey 08619Dialysis Stations: 4 (609) 586-5001
- H. Fuld Capital Health3.59 miles awayDialysis Unit 750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (609) 394-6000
- Fmc Trenton4.17 miles away40 Fuld Street 1st Floor Trenton New Jersey 08638CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (609) 394-5104
- Physicians Dialysis Lawrenceville4.25 miles away1840 Princeton Avenue Lawrence Township New Jersey 08648CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 278-0999
- Fmc Ewing6.34 miles away1962 North Olden Avenue Trenton New Jersey 08618CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 671-1600