Spring Hills Post Acute Hamilton is located in Trenton, New Jersey, a city with a total of 230,121 people. We awarded this facility an above average overall grade of A-. Indeed, we ranked it as the second best facility in Trenton. At the end of the day, this place is a great choice for most people. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile was its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Spring Hills Post Acute Hamilton
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this facility an A for inspections. Our inspection scores are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To add to its high-end assessments in other areas, we awarded this facility a score of A- for our long-term care rating. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On the whole this looks like a solid option in terms of its long-term care rating.
Does this page answer your questions about Spring Hills Post Acute Hamilton?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is short-term care. Adding to its impressive profile, this facility also performed well in that area. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A- in the area. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The next category we scored is nursing. This nursing home was awarded a strong nursing score this year, with a grade of B. Although this is not quite as strong as a few of its other grades, this is nevertheless one of the more favorable scores in this area. Our nursing grade includes a variety of factors. The most important variable is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Spring Hills Post Acute Hamilton Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Spring Hills Post Acute Hamilton, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Spring Hills Post Acute Hamilton, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Trenton, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Trenton, New Jersey has 10 other nursing homes
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.57 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.81 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.15 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.99 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 19.2 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Fmc Hamilton Square0.08 miles awayTwo Hamilton Health Place Trenton New Jersey 08690CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 689-9260
- Davita Renal Center Hamilton2.67 miles away1013 Whitehorse Avenue Trenton New Jersey 08610Dialysis Stations: 19 (609) 438-3002
- Davita Renal Ctr Trenton2.69 miles awayC/O St. Francis Hospital 601 Hamilton Ave 1st Floor Trenton New Jersey 08629Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 393-2388
- Fmc Hamilton Home LLC3.5 miles away3836 Quakerbridge Road Suite 208 Trenton New Jersey 08619Dialysis Stations: 4 (609) 586-5001
- H. Fuld Capital Health3.59 miles awayDialysis Unit 750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (609) 394-6000
- Fmc Trenton4.17 miles away40 Fuld Street 1st Floor Trenton New Jersey 08638CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (609) 394-5104
- Physicians Dialysis Lawrenceville4.25 miles away1840 Princeton Avenue Lawrence Township New Jersey 08648CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 278-0999
- Fmc Ewing6.34 miles away1962 North Olden Avenue Trenton New Jersey 08618CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 671-1600