Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center is a large facility in Lakewood, New Jersey. Featuring an overall grade of B+, this facility should work for most prospective patients. We were pleased to learn that this matched the average grade of nursing homes in Lakewood, which is one of the better cities in New Jersey to find a nursing home. This place was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this facility earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it received one of our highest scores in that category with an A+. Our inspection scores are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received impressive grades in the area of long-term care as well. In fact, we awarded it one of our highest scores in that category with a area of A. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 81.62791 percent of its patients, which is a few points less than we expected. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, at least this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. Our nursing grade is primarily associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at is short-term care. This facility received a strong short-term care rating in our assessment, with a C. Even though this was not nearly as good as a few of its other category grades, this is nevertheless a decent score in that area. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To provide highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 4.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 5.95% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' mental and physical health.
In Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Atlantic Coast Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Lakewood, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Lakewood, New Jersey has 4 other nursing homes
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.16 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.57 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.08 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.75 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Fmc Lakewood Dialysis0.55 miles awaySeagull Shopping Plaza 1328 River Avenue Ste 16 Lakewood New Jersey 08701Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 730-2222
- Shining Star Davita Bricktown Dc4.18 miles away525 Jack Martin Boulevard Suite 200 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 836-9669
- Meridian-Fresenius Dialysis at Brick4.26 miles away1640 Route 88 Suite 102 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (732) 785-2690
- Physicians Dialysis Brick4.58 miles awayRenal Center 150 Brick Boulevard Brick New Jersey 08723CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 477-2247
- Fresenius Medical Care Toms River5.35 miles away970 Hooper Avenue Toms River New Jersey 08753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 286-6502
- Davita Jackson Township Dialysis5.9 miles away260 North County Line Road Suite 120 Jackson New Jersey 08527Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 364-2055
- Kamakee Dialysis (Davita Ocean County Dc)7.38 miles away635 Bay Avenue Suite 215 Toms River New Jersey 08753Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 341-2730
- Fmc John J De Palma Renal Center7.66 miles away1 Plaza Drive Toms River New Jersey 08757CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (732) 505-0637