La Fuente Post Acute is located in Vista, California, a city with 112,033 people. We awarded this facility an overall grade of C. A score of this caliber requires some respectable marks. Based on our analysis, this facility ought to meet the needs of many people. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
La Fuente Post Acute
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Vista senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned an inspection grade which is better than its overall grade. Inspection scores are based on a facility's recent health inspections. We awarded this facility a very solid grade of B in this category. Inspection scores account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
The second highest area we awarded this facility in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a B-. Our short-term care scores are thought to be more critical for those requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. We found that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Does this page answer your questions about La Fuente Post Acute?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's third best category was long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. In determining our long-term care scores, we size up the personal care received by a facility's residents. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is an above average statistic. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last category we analyzed is nursing. We awarded it a C in that area. This is a perfectly acceptable grade in this category. Nursing scores are tied to quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, while this facility got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this metric.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
La Fuente Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In La Fuente Post Acute, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In La Fuente Post Acute, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In La Fuente Post Acute, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from UTI's. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In La Fuente Post Acute, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients which were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In La Fuente Post Acute, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In La Fuente Post Acute, 5.83% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who are showing signs of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In La Fuente Post Acute, 95.65% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In La Fuente Post Acute, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some believe this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In La Fuente Post Acute, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In La Fuente Post Acute, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In La Fuente Post Acute, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In La Fuente Post Acute, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In La Fuente Post Acute, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Tri-City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.79 miles away4002 Vista Way Oceanside California 92056Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 724-8411
- Nh Camp PendletonAcute Care - Department of Defense 8.55 miles away200 Mercy Circle Camp Pendleton Camp Pendleton California 92055Department of Defense(760) 725-1288
- Palomar Health Downtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.78 miles away555 East Valley Parkway Escondido California 92025Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 739-3000
- Scripps Memorial Hospital - EncinitasAcute Care Hospitals 12.95 miles away354 Santa Fe Drive Encinitas California 92024Voluntary non-profit - Private(760) 753-6501
- Pomerado HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.04 miles away15615 Pomerado Road Poway California 92064Government - Hospital District or Authority(858) 485-6511
- Temecula Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.31 miles away31700 Temecula Pkwy Temecula California 92592Proprietary(951) 331-2200
- Fmc-Buena Creek2.09 miles away950 Hacienda Drive Vista California 92081CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (760) 631-7900
- Davita Oceanside Dialysis2.69 miles away4182 Oceanside Blvd Oceanside California 92056Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 941-8393
- Fmc-North Coast Kidney Center5.02 miles away3300 Vista Way, Suite A Oceanside California 92056CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (760) 721-4344
- u.s. Renal Care Oceanside Dialysis5.5 miles away2227- B El Camino Real Oceanside California 92054CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 757-1838
- Davita-San Marcos Dialysis Center9.62 miles away2135 Montiel Road, Bldg. B San Marcos California 92069CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 975-0170
- Davita-Escondido Dialysis11.83 miles away203 E. Second Avenue Escondido California 92025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (760) 743-4401
- Davita-Encinitas Dialysis12.88 miles away332 Santa Fe Drive, Suite 100 Encinitas California 92024CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (760) 632-2323
- Fmc-Rancho17.05 miles away11031 via Frontera, Suite C San Diego California 92127CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (858) 385-0700