Assumption Village The is a nursing home in North Lima, Ohio, which has a population of 3,167 people. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B-, which is a respectable score. At the end of the day, this facility ought to be a solid choice for quite a few people. The best part of this facility's report card was its exemplary inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Assumption Village The
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Assumption Village The has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in North Lima, Ohio Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its decent overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. This is far better than its overall grade. Our inspection grades are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also performed well in the area of long-term care, with top-shelf grade of A in this area. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.74093 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a deadly health condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Assumption Village The?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of short-term care, this nursing home received just a D in that area. Short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. It appears that this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the data we considered. The last metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5.7 percent of its patients returning home.
Switching gears to the fourth area, this nursing home didn't fare very well. With a very poor grade of F in nursing, this is this facility's poorest category grade. We analyzed the levels of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses were with residents, in determining our score in this category. This facility provided just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Assumption Village The Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Assumption Village The, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Assumption Village The, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents which have had falls which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Assumption Village The, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents which suffered from UTI's. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Assumption Village The, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Assumption Village The, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Assumption Village The, 20.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Assumption Village The, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Assumption Village The, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Assumption Village The, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that retained mobility levels.
In Assumption Village The, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Assumption Village The, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Assumption Village The, 12 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Assumption Village The, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Mh St Elizabeth Boardman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.24 miles away8401 Market Street Youngstown Ohio 44512Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 729-2929
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.37 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Upmc JamesonAcute Care Hospitals 16.33 miles away1211 Wilmington Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16105Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 656-4100
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.58 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.29 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 19.84 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Fmc - North Lima0.58 miles away9174 Market Street North Lima Ohio 44452Dialysis Stations: 9 (330) 729-9061
- Cdc Home Care (Youngstown), Ltd.1.45 miles away807 Southwestern Run Youngstown Ohio 44514Dialysis Stations: 2 (330) 758-0995
- Fmc - Boardman Dialysis3.32 miles away257 Boardman-Canfield Rd. Youngstown Ohio 44512CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 629-8856
- Boardman Dialysis Center, LLC3.8 miles away7153 Tiffany Blvd. Youngstown Ohio 44514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 729-1355
- Arc/Cdc, Ltd.4.12 miles away3695 Stutz Drive Canfield Ohio 44406Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 702-3040
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cornersburg6.35 miles away3265 Canfield Rd, Unit C Youngstown Ohio 44511Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 792-6341
- Fmc- Austintown9.7 miles away139 Javit Court Youngstown Ohio 44515CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 799-1150
- Fmc - Youngstown9.79 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860