Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks is a facility in Bartlett, Illinois. The city has 41,928 people. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B. A score of this caliber requires quality marks in most areas. You can certainly do much worse than this place. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Bartlett senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Bartlett, Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Bartlett, Illinois Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Bartlett, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this place especially excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A-. Few facilities performed better in this area. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a grade of A- for our short-term care grade. In computing our short-term care ratings, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is frequently a useful measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. In calculating our nursing scores, we assess both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is long-term care. We gave it a lowly F for this area, which is a very poor grade. You shouldn't necessarily dismiss a nursing home as a result of a single terrible score though. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category may not provide the type of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities provide. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 91.39785 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is slightly lower than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 15.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 3.23% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients who suffered a fall which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 13.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term residents that were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 11.76% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 1.15% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 88.56% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 11.76% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 18.1% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels.
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 18.1% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 15.38% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 79.74% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 2.55 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ElginAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away77 N Airlite Street Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 695-3200
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Sherman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away1425 North Randall Road Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 742-9800
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.37 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 11.7 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Usrc - Streamwood Dialysis1.9 miles away149 Irving Park Streamwood Illinois 60107Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 289-2104
- Fmc - Schaumburg5.05 miles away815 West Wise Road Schaumburg Illinois 60193Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 534-0190
- Ara - South Barrington Dialysis Center5.5 miles away33 W Higgins Road, Suites 920-945 Barrington Illinois 60010Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 783-4700
- Fmc - West Chicago Dialysis Center5.62 miles away1859 Neltnor Blvd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 293-5952
- Davita - Cobblestone Dialysis5.66 miles away836 Dundee Ave. Elgin Illinois 60120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 888-9386
- Fkc - Elgin5.76 miles away770 N Mclean Boulevard South Elgin Illinois 60177Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 695-5345
- Davita - Schaumburg Renal Center6.09 miles away1156 S. Roselle Rd. Schaumburg Illinois 60193CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (847) 524-4310
- Fmc - Hoffman Estates6.66 miles away3150 W Higgins Rd Suite 190 Schaumburg Illinois 60195CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 310-0074