Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks is a facility in Bartlett, Illinois. The city has 41,928 people. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B+. A score of this caliber requires strong marks in most areas. You can certainly do much worse than this place. We were also pleased to find that this facility didn't have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Bartlett, Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Bartlett, Illinois Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Bartlett, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our short-term care grade. In the category of short-term care, we seek to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Turning to another one of this place's strengths, it also earned a very impressive inspection grade. In fact, inspections turned out to be one of its best categories. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Inspection grades are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's inspections. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks?
In addition, this nursing home earned high marks in the area of nursing. Consequently, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. The nursing score analyzes a handful of datapoints, many of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at is long-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of C. This actually proved to be this facility's worst category. This is still a middle of the pack score. Our long-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of care. This includes a vast range of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 96.80851 percent of its residents. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that sustained falls resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term residents that were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 30.45% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 87.4% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels.
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 2.55 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ElginAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away77 N Airlite Street Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 695-3200
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Sherman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away1425 North Randall Road Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 742-9800
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.37 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 11.7 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Usrc - Streamwood Dialysis1.9 miles away149 Irving Park Streamwood Illinois 60107Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 289-2104
- Fmc - Schaumburg5.05 miles away815 West Wise Road Schaumburg Illinois 60193Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 534-0190
- Ara - South Barrington Dialysis Center5.5 miles away33 W Higgins Road, Suites 920-945 Barrington Illinois 60010Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 783-4700
- Fmc - West Chicago Dialysis Center5.62 miles away1859 Neltnor Blvd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 293-5952
- Davita - Cobblestone Dialysis5.66 miles away836 Dundee Ave. Elgin Illinois 60120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 888-9386
- Fkc - Elgin5.76 miles away770 N Mclean Boulevard South Elgin Illinois 60177Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 695-5345
- Davita - Schaumburg Renal Center6.09 miles away1156 S. Roselle Rd. Schaumburg Illinois 60193CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (847) 524-4310
- Fmc - Hoffman Estates6.66 miles away3150 W Higgins Rd Suite 190 Schaumburg Illinois 60195CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 310-0074