Aspen Transitional Rehabilitation is one of just a couple nursing homes in Meridian, Idaho. This nursing home has the distinction of being one of the top five nursing homes in Idaho. Based on our assessment, you can't go wrong here. This also ended up being a very consistent facility with consistently strong ratings in each of our categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Aspen Transitional Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Meridian senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Idaho Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we gave this facility an elite grade of A+ for its short-term care score. Our short-term care scores are probably more meaningful for those requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally requires additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing ratings are primarily tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.9 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving a patient at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Aspen Transitional Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility was awarded a dominant grade of A in our long-term care category. For patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. It doesn't appear that this facility submitted data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. This finished off a straight A report card for this nursing home. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category tend to have very few severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aspen Transitional Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aspen Transitional Rehabilitation, 13.4 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aspen Transitional Rehabilitation, 77.14% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away1055 North Curtis Road Boise Idaho 83706Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 367-2121
- Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - NampaAcute Care Hospitals 8.06 miles away4300 E Flamingo Ave Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 205-0050
- St Luke's Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.49 miles away190 East Bannock Street Boise Idaho 83712Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 381-2222
- St Luke's Nampa Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.8 miles away9850 W St Lukes Drive Ste 250 Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 505-2000
- West Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.51 miles away1717 Arlington Street Caldwell Idaho 83605Proprietary(208) 459-4641
- Treasure Valley Dialysis Center1.15 miles away3045 E St. Lukes Street Ste 105 Meridian Idaho 83642CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (208) 887-2174
- Liberty Dialysis - Meridian1.3 miles away3525 E Louise Dr Suite 100 Meridian Idaho 83642Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 846-9815
- Table Rock Dialysis Center5.71 miles away5610 W Gage St, Suite B Boise Idaho 83706CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (208) 658-8111
- Liberty Dialysis - Boise8.21 miles away1109 W Myrtle St Ste 120 Boise Idaho 83702Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 333-8315
- Liberty Dialysis - Nampa10.96 miles away280 West Georgia Avenue Nampa Idaho 83686CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 463-8558
- Nampa Dialysis Center11.6 miles away846 Parkcentre Way Nampa Idaho 83651Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 467-5180
- Caldwell Dialysis Center15.08 miles away4716 Beacon Ln Caldwell Idaho 83605Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 454-8260
- Liberty Dialysis - Caldwell15.51 miles away4620 Enterprise Way Ste 101 Caldwell Idaho 83605CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (208) 454-1101