Aspen Trace Health & Living Community is a nursing home located in Greenwood, Indiana, which has a population of 78,968 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of B-. A score in this range requires some solid marks. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Greenwood. This nursing home is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Aspen Trace Health & Living Community
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Greenwood senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not bad, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our best scores. Our inspection scores are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple relatively minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest area came in the area of short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B-. Short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Aspen Trace Health & Living Community?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's third highest category is long-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. We were disappointed to learn that this facility vaccinated only 79.52219 percent of its patients against pneumonia. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final category we rated was nursing. This nursing home was awarded a grade of C for the category. We assessed the skill-level of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours the nurses worked with residents, in computing our rating in this category. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, our nursing scores also consider quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses to assist its patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aspen Trace Health & Living Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aspen Trace Health & Living Community, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aspen Trace Health & Living Community, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents who have had falls which caused major injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aspen Trace Health & Living Community, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aspen Trace Health & Living Community, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aspen Trace Health & Living Community, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aspen Trace Health & Living Community, 14.48% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aspen Trace Health & Living Community, 91.03% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aspen Trace Health & Living Community, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aspen Trace Health & Living Community, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In Aspen Trace Health & Living Community, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aspen Trace Health & Living Community, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aspen Trace Health & Living Community, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aspen Trace Health & Living Community, 73.74% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 6.96 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Johnson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away1125 W Jefferson St Franklin Indiana 46131Government - Local(317) 736-3300
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 14.7 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 15.38 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 15.89 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 15.96 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Fmc - Indianapolis-South5.04 miles away1350 E County Line Rd Suite L Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 865-8520
- Us Renal Care-Greenwood Renal Center5.16 miles away125 Airport Parkway, Suite 140 Greenwood Indiana 46143CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (317) 883-1280
- Davita - Indy South Dialysis5.97 miles away972 Emerson Parkway, Suite E Greenwood Indiana 46143Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 881-0641
- Indiana Dialysis Company6.12 miles away7840 Madison Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46227CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 300-9400
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC7.04 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Davita - Dialysis - Franklin7.46 miles away1140 W Jefferson Street, Suite A Franklin Indiana 46131Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 736-4304
- Fmc - Franklin7.53 miles away1159 West Jefferson St., Suite 201 Franklin Indiana 46131Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 736-0465
- Davita - Marion County10.74 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171