Aspen Ridge West Transitional Rehab is located in the large metropolitan area of Salt Lake City, Utah which has a total of 594,043 people. This nursing home turns out to be an A+ facility, which is the most impressive rating. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it as one of the top 25 nursing homes in Utah. We also gave this nursing home impressive grades in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Aspen Ridge West Transitional Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Salt Lake City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Salt Lake City, Utah Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Salt Lake City, Utah Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Salt Lake City, Utah Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home earned near flawless inspections recently. We awarded them an A+ in this area. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we graded this nursing home so highly is that it was awarded an A+ short-term care score. This is just about as strong as it gets in this category. Our short-term care grades are crucial for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Aspen Ridge West Transitional Rehab?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was elite in the category of long-term care, where it received a score of A. Very few nursing homes performed better in this area. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. We weren't able to find this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the last category, this nursing home also was awarded a very strong nursing score, with a grade of A-. This finished off a very favorable profile. There are many criteria within this category. Many of the factors are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Utah in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a patient at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aspen Ridge West Transitional Rehab Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aspen Ridge West Transitional Rehab, 13.64 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aspen Ridge West Transitional Rehab, 71.49% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Salt Lake City, UT
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Salt Lake City, Utah has 14 other nursing homes
- Intermountain Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.85 miles away5121 South Cottonwood Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 507-7000
- St Mark's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away1200 East 3900 South Salt Lake City Utah 84124Proprietary(801) 268-7700
- Jordan Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away3580 West 9000 South West Jordan Utah 84088Voluntary non-profit - Other(801) 561-8888
- Alta View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.19 miles away9660 South 1300 East Sandy Utah 84094Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 501-2600
- Salt Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.28 miles away1050 East South Temple Salt Lake City Utah 84102Proprietary(801) 350-4111
- Lone Peak HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away11925 South State Street Draper Utah 84020Proprietary(801) 545-8000
- Lds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away8th Avenue and C Street Salt Lake City Utah 84143Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 408-1100
- Primary Childrens HospitalChildrens 8.79 miles away100 North Mario Capecchi Drive Salt Lake City Utah 84113Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 662-6212
- Intermountain Medical Center Dialysis Services1.02 miles away74 West Vine Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (801) 507-9000
- West Valley Dialysis Clinic1.68 miles away3854 W 5400 S Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (801) 969-6801
- Oquirrh Artificial Kidney Center2.53 miles away5320 South 2700 West Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 417-9900
- Fresenius Kidney Care Wasatch2.67 miles away3702 South State Street, Suite 101 Salt Lake City Utah 84115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 904-4407
- South Valley Dialysis Center3.99 miles away8750 S Sandy Pkwy Sandy Utah 84070Dialysis Stations: 17 (801) 233-8745
- Fresenius Kidney Care West Salt Lake5.08 miles away4101 West Pioneer Parkway Suite 101 Salt Lake City Utah 84120Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 966-9978
- Liberty Dialysis West Jordan (Fmc)6.02 miles away3823 W 9000 S Ste D West Jordan Utah 84088Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 280-4600
- Utah Dialysis Lab6.45 miles away1000 S Main St Ste 105 Salt Lake City Utah 84101Dialysis Stations: 19 (801) 408-1400