Aspen Ridge Transitional Rehab is in Salt Lake City, Utah, which is among the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the nation. This facility is one of the highest-rated facilities we found. In fact, it received the very best score. Indeed, we were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it substantially ahead of most of the nursing homes in Salt Lake City. Headlining this facility's stellar profile is its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Aspen Ridge Transitional Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Salt Lake City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great facility overall, it also received A+ government inspections in recent years. Its inspections are nearly flawless. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a grade of A+ for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care grade is generally employed to score a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Aspen Ridge Transitional Rehab?
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its strong profile, this nursing home also received a superb long-term care grade, with a score of A. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The fourth category we looked at was nursing, where this facility was awarded a grade of A. This topped off a very favorable profile. Few nursing homes earned an A- or higher in every category. In calculating our nursing grades, we factor in both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aspen Ridge Transitional Rehab Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aspen Ridge Transitional Rehab, 13.64 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aspen Ridge Transitional Rehab, 71.49% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Salt Lake City, UT
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Salt Lake City, Utah has 14 other nursing homes
- Intermountain Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away5121 South Cottonwood Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 507-7000
- Alta View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away9660 South 1300 East Sandy Utah 84094Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 501-2600
- St Mark's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away1200 East 3900 South Salt Lake City Utah 84124Proprietary(801) 268-7700
- Jordan Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away3580 West 9000 South West Jordan Utah 84088Voluntary non-profit - Other(801) 561-8888
- Lone Peak HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away11925 South State Street Draper Utah 84020Proprietary(801) 545-8000
- Salt Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away1050 East South Temple Salt Lake City Utah 84102Proprietary(801) 350-4111
- Riverton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away3741 West 12600 South Riverton Utah 84065Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 285-4000
- Primary Childrens HospitalChildrens 9.75 miles away100 North Mario Capecchi Drive Salt Lake City Utah 84113Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 662-6212
- Intermountain Medical Center Dialysis Services2.68 miles away74 West Vine Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (801) 507-9000
- South Valley Dialysis Center3.27 miles away8750 S Sandy Pkwy Sandy Utah 84070Dialysis Stations: 17 (801) 233-8745
- Fresenius Kidney Care Wasatch4.3 miles away3702 South State Street, Suite 101 Salt Lake City Utah 84115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 904-4407
- West Valley Dialysis Clinic4.36 miles away3854 W 5400 S Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (801) 969-6801
- Oquirrh Artificial Kidney Center5.2 miles away5320 South 2700 West Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 417-9900
- South Mountain Dialysis6.09 miles away10969 S Riverfront Pkwy Ste 100 South Jordan Utah 84095Dialysis Stations: 16 (801) 253-9696
- Liberty Dialysis West Jordan (Fmc)6.89 miles away3823 W 9000 S Ste D West Jordan Utah 84088Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 280-4600
- Fresenius Kidney Care West Salt Lake8.01 miles away4101 West Pioneer Parkway Suite 101 Salt Lake City Utah 84120Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 966-9978