Aspen Ridge Transitional Rehab is in Salt Lake City, Utah. The city has a variety of options. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the highest-graded facilities we found. Being awarded an A+ in our rating system requires excellent scores across the board. You really can't do much better than this facility. As you will see below, this nursing home performed equally well in our category scores. We gave it a straight A report card!
Aspen Ridge Transitional Rehab
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
963 East 6600 South,
Salt Lake City UT 84121
94.73% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great nursing home overall, it also received A+ health inspections recently. Its inspections were virtually perfect. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area usually have very few severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given quality marks in the area of short-term care. As a result, it received one of our most impressive scores in that area with a score of A+. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to measure a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This place excelled at the highest level in the two key staffing areas we assessed. It provided about 50% more care from registered nurses and physical therapists than the average nursing home. This is a great sign. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of facilities in the country with 71.5 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Aspen Ridge Transitional Rehab?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our third category, we gave this facility a grade of A for its long-term care score. This is a superb rating. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are well cared for. One of the factors we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility provided data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the last category, this nursing home also was given an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. This completed an elusive straight A report card. There are a host of subcategories within this grade. Most of these subcategories relate to the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides an incredible 5.8 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Out of that total, many of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the most highly highly trained levels of nurses. In addition to offering impressive levels of care, this facility also excelled in the quality-based metrics we assessed. For example, it performed as well as any nursing home in Utah in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these statistics as predictive indicators of the quality of nursing care being provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aspen Ridge Transitional Rehab Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aspen Ridge Transitional Rehab, 10.55 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aspen Ridge Transitional Rehab, 71.32% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Salt Lake City, UT
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Salt Lake City, Utah has 20 other nursing homes
- Intermountain Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away5121 South Cottonwood Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 507-7000
- Alta View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away9660 South 1300 East Sandy Utah 84094Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 501-2600
- St Mark's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away1200 East 3900 South Salt Lake City Utah 84124Proprietary(801) 268-7700
- Jordan Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away3580 West 9000 South West Jordan Utah 84088Voluntary non-profit - Other(801) 561-8888
- Lone Peak HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away11925 South State Street Draper Utah 84020Proprietary(801) 545-8000
- Salt Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away1050 East South Temple Salt Lake City Utah 84102Proprietary(801) 350-4111
- Riverton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away3741 West 12600 South Riverton Utah 84065Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 285-4000
- Primary Childrens HospitalChildrens 9.75 miles away100 North Mario Capecchi Drive Salt Lake City Utah 84113Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 662-6212
- Intermountain Medical Center Dialysis Services2.68 miles away74 West Vine Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (801) 507-9000
- South Valley Dialysis Center3.27 miles away8750 S Sandy Pkwy Sandy Utah 84070Dialysis Stations: 17 (801) 233-8745
- Fresenius Kidney Care Wasatch4.3 miles away3702 South State Street, Suite 101 Salt Lake City Utah 84115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 904-4407
- West Valley Dialysis Clinic4.36 miles away3854 W 5400 S Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (801) 969-6801
- Oquirrh Artificial Kidney Center5.2 miles away5320 South 2700 West Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 417-9900
- South Mountain Dialysis6.09 miles away10969 S Riverfront Pkwy Ste 100 South Jordan Utah 84095Dialysis Stations: 16 (801) 253-9696
- Liberty Dialysis West Jordan (Fmc)6.89 miles away3823 W 9000 S Ste D West Jordan Utah 84088Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 280-4600
- Fresenius Kidney Care West Salt Lake8.01 miles away4101 West Pioneer Parkway Suite 101 Salt Lake City Utah 84120Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 966-9978