Aspen Ridge of Utah Valley is a very-small nursing home in Orem, Utah. Sporting an overall grade of A+, this facility is ranked among the highest-graded nursing homes we assessed. In fact, this nursing home made our top 500 list of the best facilities in the United States, which is an exclusive subset of nursing homes. As you can find below, this nursing home performed equally well in our category scores. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
Aspen Ridge of Utah Valley
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Orem, Utah Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home also earned an A+ inspection rating. This grade is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can offer a nursing home. Our inspection scores are based on many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility received elite marks in the category of short-term care. Consequently, it was given one of our best grades in that category with a score of A+. Our short-term care scores are meaningful for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. This includes a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The final measure we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Aspen Ridge of Utah Valley?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a top-shelf long-term care grade. In fact, this ended up being its third strongest category score. In that area, this facility received a score of A. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home provided data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the final category, this facility also was awarded an excellent nursing grade, with a grade of A. This wrapped up a very favorable report card. There are numerous subcategories included in this area. Most of the subcategories reflect the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving a patient more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aspen Ridge of Utah Valley Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aspen Ridge of Utah Valley, 10.55 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aspen Ridge of Utah Valley, 72.2% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Orem, UT
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Orem, Utah has 3 other nursing homes
- Utah Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.14 miles away1034 North 500 West Provo Utah 84604Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 373-7850
- Utah State HospitalPsychiatric 3.04 miles away1300 East Center Street Provo Utah 84605Government - State(801) 344-4400
- Orem Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.2 miles away331 North 400 West Orem Utah 84057Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 714-3300
- Timpanogos Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.98 miles away750 West 800 North Orem Utah 84057Proprietary(801) 714-6800
- American Fork HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.51 miles away170 North 1100 East American Fork Utah 84003Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 855-3305
- Mountain View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.08 miles away1000 East 100 North Payson Utah 84651Proprietary(801) 465-7100
- University of Utah Provo Dialysis Center0.94 miles away1675 N Freedom Blvd Ste 15 Provo Utah 84604Dialysis Stations: 14 (801) 373-0169
- Utah Valley Dialysis (Dva)1.01 miles away1055 N 500 W Ste 221 Provo Utah 84604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (801) 373-5400
- Fresenius Kidney Care Utah Valley2.52 miles away121 S Orem Blvd Orem Utah 84058Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 802-3852
- American Fork Dialysis Center9.45 miles away1159 East 200 North Ste 150 American Fork Utah 84003Dialysis Stations: 8 (801) 763-0652
- Lone Peak Dialysis (Dva)10.21 miles away1175 E 50 S Ste 111 American Fork Utah 84003CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 763-1304
- Davita Mt. Nebo Dialysis13.93 miles away555 W Sr 164 Suite 101 Salem Utah 84653Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 798-7903
- Payson Regional Dialysis16.22 miles away15 S 1000 E Ste 50 Payson Utah 84651Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 465-2060