Aspen Park Rehabilitation is in Salt Lake City, Utah, which is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the nation. This facility is among the most elite facilities we found. In fact, it was given the most impressive rating. Despite Salt Lake City featuring 26 nursing homes to choose from, this nursing home jumped off the page as a first-rate option. As you can see below, this place performed equally well in our category ratings. We give this place two thumbs up!
Aspen Park Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Aug 1, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Aspen Park Rehabilitation has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall grade, this nursing home also received an A+ in short-term care. Short-term care grades are crucial for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 7.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
The next category we looked at was inspections, where this facility also received an A+ grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Aspen Park Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, we awarded this facility a grade of A for our long-term care rating. This is a very strong rating. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Turning to the next category, this facility was awarded an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that area, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. Our nursing grade is largely tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aspen Park Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aspen Park Rehabilitation, 10.59 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aspen Park Rehabilitation, 71.64% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Salt Lake City, UT
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Salt Lake City, Utah has 25 other nursing homes
- St Mark's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away1200 East 3900 South Salt Lake City Utah 84124Proprietary(801) 268-7700
- Intermountain Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away5121 South Cottonwood Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 507-7000
- Alta View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.64 miles away9660 South 1300 East Sandy Utah 84094Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 501-2600
- Salt Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away1050 East South Temple Salt Lake City Utah 84102Proprietary(801) 350-4111
- Primary Childrens HospitalChildrens 6.8 miles away100 North Mario Capecchi Drive Salt Lake City Utah 84113Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 662-6212
- University of Utah Hospitals and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away50 North Medical Drive Salt Lake City Utah 84132Government - State(801) 581-2121
- Lds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away8th Avenue and C Street Salt Lake City Utah 84143Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 408-1100
- Jordan Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away3580 West 9000 South West Jordan Utah 84088Voluntary non-profit - Other(801) 561-8888
- Intermountain Medical Center Dialysis Services2.33 miles away74 West Vine Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (801) 507-9000
- Fresenius Kidney Care Wasatch2.33 miles away3702 South State Street, Suite 101 Salt Lake City Utah 84115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 904-4407
- West Valley Dialysis Clinic4.96 miles away3854 W 5400 S Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (801) 969-6801
- Utah Dialysis Lab5.59 miles away1000 S Main St Ste 105 Salt Lake City Utah 84101Dialysis Stations: 19 (801) 408-1400
- Oquirrh Artificial Kidney Center5.77 miles away5320 South 2700 West Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 417-9900
- South Valley Dialysis Center6 miles away8750 S Sandy Pkwy Sandy Utah 84070Dialysis Stations: 17 (801) 233-8745
- Kolff Dialysis Center/Univ. Of Utah6.02 miles away423 Wakara Way Suite 200 Salt Lake City Utah 84108Dialysis Stations: 17 (801) 581-3981
- Primary Children's Dialysis Center6.77 miles away81 North Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City Utah 84113Dialysis Stations: 6 (801) 662-7600