Ashford Hall is a nursing home in Irving, Texas. This city has a total of 217,883 people. Sporting an overall grade of B-, this appears to be a decent nursing home. At the end of the day, this nursing home ought to be a good fit for most people. This nursing home was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Irving senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this facility received a decent overall score is its impeccable health inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our better grades in that area, with an A-. This is a much better grade than the place's overall grade, which was decent but not in the elite range. Our inspection ratings are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple relatively minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a favorable long-term care score. Indeed, we gave them a grade of B in this area, which happens to be one of our better. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 95.88477 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a life or death ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Ashford Hall?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of B- in this category. There are a variety of subcategories within this category. Many of the factors are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This place averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, which is not an impressive total. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, this nursing home was given a respectable short-term care score of C. In the category of short-term care, we try to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ashford Hall Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ashford Hall, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ashford Hall, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients who have had a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ashford Hall, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who had a urinary tract infection. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ashford Hall, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ashford Hall, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ashford Hall, 4.84% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents demonstrating signs of depression. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ashford Hall, 93.69% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ashford Hall, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ashford Hall, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who retained mobility levels.
In Ashford Hall, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ashford Hall, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ashford Hall, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
- Baylor Medical Center at IrvingAcute Care Hospitals 0.7 miles away1901 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75061Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 579-8100
- Pine Creek Medical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away9032 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Proprietary(214) 231-2273
- Medical City Las ColinasAcute Care Hospitals 4.64 miles away6800 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75039Proprietary(972) 969-2000
- Baylor Surgical Hospital at Las ColinasAcute Care Hospitals 5.3 miles away400 West Interstate 635 Suite 101 Irving Texas 75063Proprietary(972) 868-4000
- Parkland Health and Hospital SystemAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away5200 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Government - Hospital District or Authority(214) 590-8000
- Childrens Medical Ctr of DallasChildrens 6.69 miles away1935 Medical District Drive Dallas Texas 75235Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-7000
- Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.96 miles away7 Medical Parkway Dallas Texas 75234Proprietary(972) 247-1000
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.82 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Ut Southwestern - Dallas Dialysis0.27 miles away204 East Airport Freeway Irving Texas 75062CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (972) 438-7375
- Liberty Dialysis Irving0.77 miles away1111 W Airport Freeway Suite 101 Irving Texas 75062Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 746-4747
- Fresenius Medical Care Irving1.8 miles away1625 North Story Road Suite 140 Irving Texas 75061CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (972) 871-8282
- Irving Regional Dialysis Center LLC1.98 miles away2535 West Airport Fwy Irving Texas 75062Dialysis Stations: 24 (972) 252-1656
- Fmc Dialysis Services Southwestern4.36 miles away8700 N Stemmons Fwy Ste 135 Dallas Texas 75247Dialysis Stations: 5 (214) 951-7714
- Brookriver Dialysis4.66 miles away8101 Brookriver Drive Dallas Texas 75247CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 951-7789
- Dialysis Care of Grand Prairie5.55 miles away402 N Carrier Parkway Suite 102 Grand Prairie Texas 75050Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 264-2660
- Fmc of Forest Park6.18 miles away6010 Forest Park, Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75235CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (214) 351-2833