Ashby Care Center is in Berkeley, California. This is a good facility with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Berkeley. You can definitely do much worse than this facility. The best part of this facility's impressive report card was its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section
Ashby Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Best Nursing Home in Berkeley, California Awards 2019
This facility received a strong overall grade as described above, but we especially wanted to emphasize its excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A- in this area. Inspection ratings are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Adding to its impressive resume, this facility also excelled in nursing. In fact, we awarded it an B+ for that category. Our nursing score is largely tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Ashby Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received a favorable short-term care grade as well. We gave it one of our better scores in that area with a score of B+. Short-term care grades are typically used to gauge a facility's performance with rehabilitation In order to provide highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. We weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final statistic we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the last category, we gave this facility a grade of D for our long-term care category. This is the nursing home's least impressive category score. Sadly, this grade hurt the nursing home's overall grade to a certain degree. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided information about vaccinations. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Berkeley, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Berkeley, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 0.24 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- Children's Hospital & Research Center OaklandChildrens 1.32 miles away747 52nd Street Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 428-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Oakland/RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 2.24 miles away275 West Macarthur Boulevard Oakland California 94611Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 752-1000
- Alta Bates Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.44 miles away350 Hawthorne Avenue Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 655-4000
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away1411 East 31st Street Oakland California 94602Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 437-4800
- Alameda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.47 miles away2070 Clinton Avenue Alameda California 94501Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 522-3700
- Chinese HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away845 Jackson St San Francisco California 94133Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 982-2400
- Saint Francis Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.52 miles away900 Hyde St San Francisco California 94109Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 353-6000
- Berkeley Dialysis Center0.42 miles away2655 Shattuck Ave Berkeley California 94704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (510) 486-8706
- Oakland Dialysis Center1.09 miles away5354 Claremont Avenue Oakland California 94618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (510) 597-0104
- Rai Piedmont1.29 miles away2710 Telegraph Avenue Suite #100 Oakland California 94612CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (510) 286-9948
- Us Renal Care Berkeley1.61 miles away2895 7th Street Berkeley California 94710Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 843-0627
- Satellite Dialysis Oakland2.36 miles away3330 Telegraph Ave Oakland California 94609CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 433-8340
- Wellbound of Emeryville2.62 miles away2000 Powell Street Suite 140 Emeryville California 94608Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 985-9660
- Rai Peralta2.72 miles away2757 Telegraph Avenue Oakland California 94612CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 835-0154
- El Cerrito Dialysis Center5.23 miles away10690 San Pablo Avenue El Cerrito California 94530CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 528-9590