Ascension Living - Lakeshore at Siena is a small non-profit facility in Racine, Wisconsin. Featuring an overall rating of A, this is without a doubt a first-rate facility. This is really as good of a facility as you'll find. As you can find below, this nursing home also performed well in our category grades. It's hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ascension Living - Lakeshore at Siena
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Racine senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Racine, Wisconsin Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Racine, Wisconsin Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Racine, Wisconsin Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ short-term care grade. Short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This facility has also received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Ascension Living - Lakeshore at Siena?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. In calculating our nursing grades, we factor in both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving a patient at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed was long-term care. This facility was given a better than average nursing grade this year, with a B. Although this wasn't quite as strong as a few of its other grades, this is nevertheless one of our more impressive scores in that category. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ascension Living - Lakeshore at Siena Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ascension Living - Lakeshore at Siena, 12.22% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ascension Living - Lakeshore at Siena, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ascension Living - Lakeshore at Siena, 2.94% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ascension Living - Lakeshore at Siena, 0% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ascension Living - Lakeshore at Siena, 7.37% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ascension Living - Lakeshore at Siena, 4.76% of Patients
This is the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ascension Living - Lakeshore at Siena, 100% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ascension Living - Lakeshore at Siena, 39.76% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ascension Living - Lakeshore at Siena, 47.69% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ascension Living - Lakeshore at Siena, 47.69% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ascension Living - Lakeshore at Siena, 19.3% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ascension Living - Lakeshore at Siena, 74.06% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Ascension All Saints HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away3801 Spring St Racine Wisconsin 53405Voluntary non-profit - Church(262) 687-4011
- Froedtert South - Kenosha Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.08 miles away6308 Eighth Ave Kenosha Wisconsin 53143Government - Local(262) 656-2011
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.18 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.77 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Aurora Medical Ctr KenoshaAcute Care Hospitals 17.42 miles away10400 75th St Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 948-5600
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.73 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 19.09 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Davita - Harbor View Dialysis5.46 miles away3113 Washington Ave Racine Wisconsin 53405CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (262) 632-0120
- Davita - Willow Creek Dialysis6.5 miles away1139 Warwick Way Racine Wisconsin 53406CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 884-2730
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Racine7.37 miles away5409 Durand Ave Racine Wisconsin 53406Dialysis Stations: 17 (262) 554-7481
- Davita - Oak Creek9.39 miles away8201 S Howell Ave, Suite 600 Oak Creek Wisconsin 53154Dialysis Stations: 12 (414) 762-3784
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Ryan Road9.68 miles away9420 S 22nd St Oak Creek Wisconsin 53154CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 761-8080
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Lakeshore12.53 miles away2000 E Layton Ave Ste 200 Saint Francis Wisconsin 53235CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (414) 481-7179
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest South14.88 miles away2600 W Howard Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 281-2704
- Davita - Loomis Rd14.91 miles away4120 W Loomis Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 761-4920