Asbury Place at Maryville is a large non-profit nursing home located in Maryville, Tennessee. Featuring an overall rating of C, this is likely a decent nursing home. Based on our analysis, this place has some redeeming qualities. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its impressive nursing grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Asbury Place at Maryville
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We would like to point out that this facility's nursing grade exceeded its overall grade. This nursing home earned a B+ in this category, which is one of our better grades. The nursing grade consists of quite a few subcategories, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more favorable category grades was in the area of short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B+. It actually outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our short-term care ratings are considered to be more meaningful for those needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Asbury Place at Maryville?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home just a D for our long-term care score. This is not a very good score. For prospective residents seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to find that this nursing home vaccinated 97.63033 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Moving on the last category of inspections, this facility really did not fare well. Sadly, it received an F in our inspection category. This dragged this facility's overall grade down as we heavily weight this category. When a place has this bad of an inspection rating, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to the well being of residents. This nursing home was assessed a category G through L deficiency, which are among the more severe categories of deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies identified by inspectors had the potential to pose actual harm to patients. Lastly, we also would like to point out that this nursing home received significant government fines in recent years amounting to over $100,000. This typically suggests that a facility's bad performance has been an issue for more than one year.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Asbury Place at Maryville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Asbury Place at Maryville, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Asbury Place at Maryville, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Asbury Place at Maryville, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients who sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Asbury Place at Maryville, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Asbury Place at Maryville, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents that were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Asbury Place at Maryville, 9.05% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Asbury Place at Maryville, 89.05% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Asbury Place at Maryville, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Asbury Place at Maryville, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Asbury Place at Maryville, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Asbury Place at Maryville, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Asbury Place at Maryville, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Asbury Place at Maryville, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Maryville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Maryville, Tennessee has 4 other nursing homes
- Blount Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.18 miles away907 E Lamar Alexander Parkway Maryville Tennessee 37804Government - Local(865) 983-7211
- University of Tn Medical Center (The)Acute Care Hospitals 11.87 miles away1924 Alcoa Highway Knoxville Tennessee 37920Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 544-9000
- East Tennessee Childrens HospitalChildrens 13.09 miles away2018 Clinch Ave Sw Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-8000
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away1901 W Clinch Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-1101
- Parkwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.28 miles away9352 Park West Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 970-9800
- Fort Loudon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.88 miles away550 Fort Loudon Medical Center Dr Lenoir City Tennessee 37772Voluntary non-profit - Other(865) 271-6000
- Dci Maryville1.8 miles away1851 Crest Rd Maryville Tennessee 37804Dialysis Stations: 24 (865) 983-2212
- East Tennessee Dialysis Center1.94 miles away1629 East Broadway Avenue Maryville Tennessee 37804Dialysis Stations: 18 (865) 681-2900
- Total Renal Care, Inc.2.52 miles away714 East Harper Street Maryville Tennessee 37804CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (865) 379-1070
- Dci Knoxville11.87 miles away3734 Martin Mill Pike Knoxville Tennessee 37920CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (865) 573-3944
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee13.44 miles away1826 Ailor Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921Dialysis Stations: 4 (865) 524-5308
- Fmc Dialysis Fort Sanders13.75 miles away1740 Western Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 523-1516
- Knoxville Central Dialysis14.08 miles away9141 Cross Park Drive Suite 102 Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 8 (865) 531-4681
- Fmc Cedar Bluff14.36 miles away431 Park 40 North Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 19 (865) 690-7517