Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home located in Sacramento, California. This proved to be a solid facility, with an overall grade of B-. The facilities in Sacramento received quality scores across the board with a city grade of a B. The best part of this place's profile is is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned an inspection score which is better than its overall score. Inspection scores are based on the facility's recent government inspections. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this area. Nursing ratings are mostly tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we graded was short-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B. It actually outperformed most facilities in this category. Our short-term care grade is often used to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services In order to provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this nursing home was given a decent long-term care score of C. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. One of the criteria we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often caused by poor nursing care. Closer supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 4.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Asbury Park Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 21 other nursing homes
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.16 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 2.19 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 3.07 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 5.4 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 7.17 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- University Dialysis Center0.28 miles away333 University Avenue Suite 100 Sacramento California 95825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 920-0877
- Broadway Dialysis2.78 miles away2624 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (916) 457-0113
- Alhambra Dialysis Center2.91 miles away1315 Alhambra Blvd #100 Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 457-8252
- Dci University Dialysis Clinic2.92 miles away1771 Stockton Blvd Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 453-0803
- North Sacramento Dialysis Center2.96 miles away251 Lathrop Way Suite A Sacramento California 95815CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 922-4721
- Florin Dialysis Center5.31 miles away7000 Stockton Blvd. Sacramento California 95823CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (916) 424-3990
- Manzanita Dialysis Center5.36 miles away4005 Manzanita Avenue Ste 17 & 18 Carmichael California 95608CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 483-3241
- Dci Rancho Dialysis Clinic5.66 miles away10294 Rockingham Drive Sacramento California 95827Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 857-1819