Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Charlotte, North Carolina. This facility received an overall rating of B+. Indeed, this turned out to be ranked among the better nursing homes in the city. Despite Charlotte having 20 other nursing homes to choose from, this one stands out as a great selection. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this facility also received a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. In crafting our short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to devise a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care. This facility received an above average long-term care grade, with a grade of B in the area. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 80.308876 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is somewhat lower than we were hoping for but still a respectable figure. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The final category we analyzed was nursing, where this facility was given a C. This turned out to be this facility's least impressive area. This is nevertheless a middle of the pack score. Nursing scores are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This facility provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a somewhat discouraging figure as it is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who had falls resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term patients who experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.01% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression. Higher rates of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center, 87.89% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Charlotte, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Charlotte, North Carolina has 19 other nursing homes
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 5.36 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Atrium Health PinevilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away10628 Park Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28210Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 379-5000
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.08 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Carolinas Healthcare System NortheastAcute Care Hospitals 16.97 miles away920 Church St N Concord North Carolina 28025Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 783-3000
- Fresenius Medical Care Aldersgate0.14 miles away3211 Bishops Way Ln Suite 2000 Charlotte North Carolina 28215Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 567-2045
- Fmc of North Charlotte1.85 miles away5220 N Tryon Street Charlotte North Carolina 28213CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (704) 596-0680
- Charlotte East Dialysis2.15 miles away5627 Albemarle Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28212CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 535-3962
- Bma East Charlotte2.79 miles away1334 Central Avenue Charlotte North Carolina 28205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 334-2226
- Bio-Medical Applications of North Carolina, Inc.2.92 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 12 (704) 535-7231
- Independent Nephrology Services Charlotte2.92 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 717-2825
- Dsi Charlotte Latrobe Dialysis2.99 miles away3515 Latrobe Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28211Dialysis Stations: 24 (704) 366-5299
- Davita Sugar Creek3.41 miles away5100 Reagan Dr Suite 10 Charlotte North Carolina 28206Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 921-9823