Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab is in North Aurora, Illinois. This is a solid facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on the data we reviewed, there are certainly far worse facilities out there. The best part of this nursing home's profile was its stellar inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
We also awarded this facility a favorable grade in nursing. This facility earned a grade of B in this category, which is one of our better grades. Nursing grades are largely based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning residents even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a decent grade of C. In our short-term care score, we strive to craft a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 3.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last category, this nursing home was given a grade of C for long-term care, which is generally an acceptable score. With our long-term care score, we look at the volume of services offered by a nursing home, as well as a series of qualitative metrics. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. We were a bit alarmed this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to a relatively low 89.01099 percent of its patients. Nevertheless, this nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 30.45% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 87.4% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that maintained mobility. Some would argue that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.82 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.69 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.87 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.26 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ElginAcute Care Hospitals 16.47 miles away77 N Airlite Street Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 695-3200
- Fmc - Aurora Dialysis Center0.97 miles away455 Mercy Lane Aurora Illinois 60506CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 892-7445
- Fkc - East Aurora2.72 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Fmc - West Batavia4.73 miles away2580 West Fabyan Parkway Batavia Illinois 60510Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 406-1690
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd5.49 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Tri Cities Dialysis LLC6.29 miles away306 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 262-1306
- Fmc - Dupage West7.87 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Fmc - Oswego8.09 miles away1051 Station Dr. Oswego Illinois 60543CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (630) 554-4783
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center8.84 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295