Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab is in North Aurora, Illinois. This is a solid facility, with an overall grade of C. Based on the data we reviewed, there are certainly far worse facilities out there. One of the major highlights of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on North Aurora senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an B-. We looked at the qualifications of nurses at the nursing home, as well as the number of hours the nurses spent with residents, in determining our rating in this area. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This figure is far below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third best category was short-term care. We gave it a C in this area. This is essentially a slightly below average grade in this category. Our short-term care grades are believed to be more important for those needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than a typical facility. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 3.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next category, this facility really did not perform well. Due to a bottom of the barrel grade of F in long-term care, this is this facility's weakest area. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means the facility did not perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 91.97861 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be a few points less than we were hoping for but still a respectable figure. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 13.13% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 1.6% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 3.89% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 25.82% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 13.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 11.05% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 94.14% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 17.16% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 21.57% of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is vital to patients well-being.
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 21.57% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 22.85% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Asbury Gardens Nsg & Rehab, 79.33% of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.82 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.69 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.87 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.26 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ElginAcute Care Hospitals 16.47 miles away77 N Airlite Street Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 695-3200
- Fmc - Aurora Dialysis Center0.97 miles away455 Mercy Lane Aurora Illinois 60506CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 892-7445
- Fkc - East Aurora2.72 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Fmc - West Batavia4.73 miles away2580 West Fabyan Parkway Batavia Illinois 60510Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 406-1690
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd5.49 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Tri Cities Dialysis LLC6.29 miles away306 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 262-1306
- Fmc - Dupage West7.87 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Fmc - Oswego8.09 miles away1051 Station Dr. Oswego Illinois 60543CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (630) 554-4783
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center8.84 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295