Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab is a facility in Des Plaines, Illinois. This city has a total of 89,789 people. This is a good facility. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid rating. This ought to be on your short list in Des Plaines as we ranked it as one of the three highest rated nursing homes in the city. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile was its nursing score. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a great overall score, this facility also received an elite nursing rating. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with an A-. When computing our nursing ratings, we weigh both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This facility provided 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
This nursing home also performed well in the area of inspections. In fact, it earned a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that area with an B+. Few facilities with an overall grade in this range performed this well in multiple categories. Inspection grades are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspections. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to patient health or safety. A couple minor dings aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed is short-term care. This nursing home was awarded a favorable short-term care score, with a grade of B+ in the area. Our short-term care scores are likely most critical for patients needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 3.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed is long-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of C in this area. In determining our long-term care scores, we look at the personal care offered to a facility's patients. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility gave the vaccine to 96.44971 percent of its residents, which is a very solid datapoint. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients who have sustained a urinary tract infection. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 29.8% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents showing symptoms of depression. Some would argue that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 87.49% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Des Plaines, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Des Plaines, Illinois has 5 other nursing homes
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 4.01 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 4.11 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.33 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.12 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.24 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.65 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Fmc - Des Plaines2.22 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014
- Fmc - Mount Prospect2.23 miles away1710 West Golf Road Mount Prospect Illinois 60056Dialysis Stations: 8 (847) 640-7101
- Davita - Arlington Heights Dialysis2.66 miles away17 W Golf Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 437-2188
- Fmc - Elk Grove Dialysis Ctr4.26 miles away901 Biesterfield Road Ste 400 Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (847) 437-0824
- Dialyze Direct Il - Elk Grove4.75 miles away1014 Bonaventure Drive Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Dialysis Stations: 1 (847) 352-4711
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center5.24 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows5.7 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250
- Fmc - Niles5.81 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334