Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab is a facility in Des Plaines, Illinois. This city has a total of 89,789 people. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack rating. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Des Plaines, which is admittedly a bit below average nationally. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1750 Elmhurst Road,
Des Plaines IL 60018
76.45% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Des Plaines, Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Des Plaines, Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Des Plaines, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a decent facility is that it received a favorable inspection grade. In this area, we gave this facility a grade of B+. Our inspection ratings are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. Our nursing rating is largely tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of turning a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was short-term care, where this nursing home received a grade of B- in this area. Our short-term care scores are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 2.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was long-term care, which turned out to be a weak spot for this facility. We gave this facility a grade of D for our long-term care category. For patients seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 95.42857 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place also keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percentage of long-term patients who suffer from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that had a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 30.45% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 87.4% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility. Some experts argue that mobility is vital to patients well-being.
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Asbury Court Nursing & Rehab, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Des Plaines, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Des Plaines, Illinois has 5 other nursing homes
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 4.01 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 4.11 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.33 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.12 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.24 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.65 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Fmc - Des Plaines2.22 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014
- Fmc - Mount Prospect2.23 miles away1710 West Golf Road Mount Prospect Illinois 60056Dialysis Stations: 8 (847) 640-7101
- Davita - Arlington Heights Dialysis2.66 miles away17 W Golf Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 437-2188
- Fmc - Elk Grove Dialysis Ctr4.26 miles away901 Biesterfield Road Ste 400 Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (847) 437-0824
- Dialyze Direct Il - Elk Grove4.75 miles away1014 Bonaventure Drive Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Dialysis Stations: 1 (847) 352-4711
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center5.24 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows5.7 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250
- Fmc - Niles5.81 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334