Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center is located in Arvada, Colorado. The city has a population of 122,111 people. Featuring an overall rating of A, this facility is one of the highest-graded nursing homes we assessed. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it as one of the 25 best facilities in Colorado. This facility also received very consistent grades in all of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
6121 West 60th Avenue,
Arvada CO 80003
85.92% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Arvada, Colorado Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great facility overall, it also earned A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were nearly flawless. Inspection ratings are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Unfortunately, it does not appear that we have deficiency data for this facility. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this facility was superb in our long-term care category. We gave them an exemplary score of A+ in this category. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 83.07692 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is slightly less than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, at least this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning our next area, we awarded this facility a score of A- for its short-term care grade. This is a very strong grade. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
In the last area, we awarded this facility a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. This topped off a very favorable report card. When calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we look at the quantity of hours nurses are caring for residents and the levels of training of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term care residents who suffered falls which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 3.81% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 84.99% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.08 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.89 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.68 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)1.17 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)2.56 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)3.4 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)3.79 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- Mile High Pd (Dva)4.18 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)4.18 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)5.21 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020
- Thornton Kidney Center LLC (Ara)5.47 miles away8451 Pearl Street Denver Colorado 80229Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 227-9981