Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center is located in Arvada, Colorado. The city has a population of 122,111 people. Featuring an overall rating of A, this facility is one of the highest-graded nursing homes we assessed. We rated this nursing home as one of the 100 best facilities in Colorado, which is a distinguished list. This nursing home also received very consistent scores in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Arvada senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Arvada, Colorado Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving an elite overall score, this facility also earned an A+ inspection score. This grade is based on the facility's recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, it does not look like we were able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a strong long-term care score. This actually turned out to be this facility's second most impressive category score. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 98.52941 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. When determining our nursing grades, we assess both staffing levels and the skill levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we rated, this nursing home was awarded an impressive grade grade of B+ in our short-term care category. With this score, the facility rounded out a very impressive profile. In determining our short-term care grades, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is generally a useful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this area is the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 4.04% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely associated with poor nursing care. More supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of long-term care residents who suffered from a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 12.5% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 3.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 20% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 92.03% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 13.21% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Some argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 18.84% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 18.84% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 6.99% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arvada Care and Rehabilitation Center, 95.72% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.89 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.68 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)1.17 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)2.56 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)3.4 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)3.79 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- Mile High Pd (Dva)4.18 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)4.18 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)5.21 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020
- Thornton Kidney Center LLC (Ara)5.47 miles away8451 Pearl Street Denver Colorado 80229Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 227-9981