Artman Lutheran Home is one of just three available nursing homes in Ambler, Pennsylvania. We gave this nursing home an overall rating of A, resulting in it being the number one rated facility in Ambler. We simply can not say enough good things about this facility. We also gave this nursing home impressive grades in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Artman Lutheran Home
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
250 North Bethlehem Pike,
Ambler PA 19002
91.8% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Best Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Ambler, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Ambler, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Short-term care grades are important for people needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This facility also earned an A+ inspection score, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+'s in our category grades. This score is based on the place's inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can pay to a nursing home. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Artman Lutheran Home?
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was awarded a top-shelf score of A- in our long-term care area. Facilities that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 95.48872 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the final category we graded, this facility was awarded a very favorable grade of B+ in our nursing category. With this grade, the facility wrapped up a very favorable profile. Our nursing score is based on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving patients even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Artman Lutheran Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Artman Lutheran Home, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents which have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Artman Lutheran Home, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who sustained falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Artman Lutheran Home, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Artman Lutheran Home, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Artman Lutheran Home, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Artman Lutheran Home, 3.12% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. High rates of depression could be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Artman Lutheran Home, 88.22% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Artman Lutheran Home, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Artman Lutheran Home, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Artman Lutheran Home, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Artman Lutheran Home, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Artman Lutheran Home, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 2.15 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.38 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.23 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 6.55 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.3 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.71 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall4.61 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson4.64 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton5.07 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington5.2 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Davita - Abington Dialysis5.7 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis5.91 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale6.27 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis6.27 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398