With an address in New York, New York, Arnation Childrens Center Inc is one of eight available nursing homes there. This nursing home is an A+ facility, which is the top rating. Indeed, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it substantially ahead of most of the nursing homes in New York. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's remarkable report card is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Arnation Childrens Center Inc
- Nursing Home
- For Children
Updated May 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
142 Audobon Avenue,
New York NY 10032
52.27% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Arnation Childrens Center Inc has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Mental Health
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in New York, New York Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in New York, New York Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in New York, New York Awards 2021
We also wanted to point out the fact that this facility earned near flawless inspections recently. We gave them an A+ in this area. Inspection scores are tied to items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A+. There are a variety of criteria included in this category. Many of these subcategories relate to the quantity of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Arnation Childrens Center Inc?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our third area, we gave this facility a grade of A for its long-term care grade. This is a very impressive grade. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 91.52543 percent of its patients. This is a bit less than we anticipated but still a decent percentage. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final category, this facility received a strong short-term care score. In fact, we awarded it an A- in this area, rounding out a straight A profile. Our short-term care grade is generally used to grade a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arnation Childrens Center Inc Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arnation Childrens Center Inc, 3.11% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that sustained falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arnation Childrens Center Inc, 2.03% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arnation Childrens Center Inc, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arnation Childrens Center Inc, 13.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arnation Childrens Center Inc, 13.75% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arnation Childrens Center Inc, 90.38% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arnation Childrens Center Inc, 15.3% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arnation Childrens Center Inc, 14.12% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arnation Childrens Center Inc, 14.12 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for New York, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? New York, New York has 7 other nursing homes
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.85 miles away1276 Fulton Avenue Bronx New York 10456Proprietary(212) 588-7000
- Lincoln Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.88 miles away234 East 149th Street Bronx New York 10451Government - Local(718) 579-5000
- Harlem Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.02 miles away506 Lenox Avenue New York New York 10037Government - Local(212) 939-1000
- St Barnabas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.39 miles away4422 Third Avenue Bronx New York 10457Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 960-9000
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.91 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Metropolitan Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.11 miles away1901 First Avenue New York New York 10029Government - Local(212) 423-6262
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- New York - Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia0.27 miles away622 West 168th Street Dialysis - Ph 4 Center, 430 New York New York 10032Dialysis Stations: 10 (212) 305-3394
- Davita Haven Dialysis0.34 miles away60 Haven Avenue Suites b3 & b4 New York New York 10032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (212) 928-9071
- Knickerbocker Dialysis Inc.0.96 miles away1490 Macombs Road Bronx New York 10452Dialysis Stations: 21 (718) 588-2347
- Grand Concourse Dialysis Facility1.44 miles away1780 Grand Concourse Bronx New York 10457CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 583-1800
- Newtown Dialysis Center, Inc.1.5 miles away1160 Teller Avenue Bronx New York 10456Dialysis Stations: 12 (718) 215-4355
- New York Renal Associates1.69 miles away3468 Park Avenue Bronx New York 10456CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (718) 401-2836
- Lincoln Hospital1.9 miles away234 East 149th Street Hemodialysis Unit Bronx New York 10451Dialysis Stations: 8 (718) 579-5548
- Davita Mount Hope Dialysis Center1.93 miles away1940 Webster Avenue 2nd Floor Bronx New York 10457Dialysis Stations: 16 (718) 901-9122