Armour Oaks Senior Living Community is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Kansas City, Missouri with a total of 545,147 people. With an overall grade of A-, this is undoubtedly a very impressive nursing home. Indeed, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it substantially ahead of most of the nursing homes in Kansas City. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its nursing score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Armour Oaks Senior Living Community
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. The nursing score assesses many factors, however, the main consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a strong short-term care grade. Indeed, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Short-term care grades are important for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Armour Oaks Senior Living Community?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also received favorable long-term care scores in our assessment. Indeed, we gave it one of our higher grades in that area, with a score of B+. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 98.611115 percent of its patients. This is a reliable method to minimize negative health outcomes for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Finishing off its excellent profile, this nursing home also performed well in the area of inspections. In fact, we gave it a score of B+ for that category. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily something to panic about.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Armour Oaks Senior Living Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Armour Oaks Senior Living Community, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Armour Oaks Senior Living Community, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Armour Oaks Senior Living Community, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Armour Oaks Senior Living Community, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Armour Oaks Senior Living Community, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Armour Oaks Senior Living Community, 4.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Armour Oaks Senior Living Community, 88.53% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
In Armour Oaks Senior Living Community, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Scores for Kansas City, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kansas City, Missouri has 28 other nursing homes
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 5.31 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Childrens Mercy HospitalChildrens 7.05 miles away2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 234-3000
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Baptist1.03 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Swope Parkway1.03 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228
- Kansas City Dialysis & Transplant Center2.63 miles away2340 E Meyer Blvd Building 1, Suite #100 Kansas City Missouri 64132CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (816) 444-2098
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Saint Joseph3.05 miles away650 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (816) 941-0595
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis3.14 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650
- Concerto Kansas, LLC4.09 miles away6740 W 121st St Suite 100 Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 1 (913) 283-8063
- Rai - Rainbow Blvd - Westwood4.34 miles away4720 Rainbow Blvd Suite 200 Mission Kansas 66205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (913) 403-0441
- Swope Dialysis4.92 miles away4407 East 50th Terrace Kansas City Missouri 64130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (816) 924-1201