Arlington Villa Retirement Community is located in the large metropolitan area of Arlington, Texas. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score in this range requires some solid scores. At the end of the day, this place ought to be a solid choice for most people. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was short-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Arlington Villa Retirement Community
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
It should also be noted that this facility's short-term care grade outpaced its overall grade. We gave it a grade of B for short-term care. Our short-term care grades are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The second highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. Nursing ratings are largely based on a facility's nurse staffing. This place provided just 0 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a relatively low total compared to most other nursing homes. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. It scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Arlington Villa Retirement Community?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed was long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a solid grade of C. In calculating our long-term care ratings, we scrutinize the assistance with daily living offered to a facility's patients. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to a relatively low 90.136055 percent of its patients. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Looking to our last category of inspections, we gave this nursing home a just D, which is a relatively poor grade. Our inspection score is based on the nursing home's government inspections. Since this data is compiled by government inspectors, we place significant weight on it in our overall grades. One of the more critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We suggest you scrutinize the level of severity of the deficiencies. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they created a threat to resident health or safety. Lastly, we need to point out that this nursing home was assessed significant government fines in recent years of more than $100,000. This usually suggests that a facility's bad track record spanned several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arlington Villa Retirement Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients who experienced falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients which were administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 4.66% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 94.73% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Arlington, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Arlington, Texas has 9 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 4.69 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 5.26 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 10.74 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Eastchase Dialysis Center1.25 miles away1451 Eastchase Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76120Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 459-0372
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Arlington LLC2.15 miles away1138 S Bowen Road Arlington Texas 76013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (817) 265-7115
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Arlington2.18 miles away203 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76011CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 275-7787
- North Arlington Dialysis2.73 miles away642 Lincoln Square Arlington Texas 76011Dialysis Stations: 19 (817) 542-0529
- Fresenius Medical Care East Fort Worth, LLC3.09 miles away1032 Sandy Lane Fort Worth Texas 76120Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 429-1944
- Greater Irving I Regional Dialysis Center, LLC4.18 miles away1950 Ne Green Oaks Blvd Suite 190 Arlington Texas 76006Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 460-0510
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis East Fort Worth4.32 miles away6450 Brentwood Stair Rd Fort Worth Texas 76112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (817) 888-3015
- Arlington Dialysis4.55 miles away1250 E. Pioneer Parkway Suite 700 Arlington Texas 76010Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 469-6100