Arlington Villa Retirement Community is located in the large metropolitan area of Arlington, Texas. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score in this range requires some solid scores. At the end of the day, this place ought to be a solid choice for most people. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong nursing grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Arlington Villa Retirement Community
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Arlington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
It should also be noted that this nursing home's nursing grade outpaced its overall rating. We gave it a B+ for its nursing grade. The nursing score weighs many subcategories. The most important one is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more impressive category grades came in the area of short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B+. In our short-term care category, we strive to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The last statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Arlington Villa Retirement Community?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's third most favorable area turned out to be its long-term care score, where it was awarded a grade of C. Long-term care grades are often used to gauge a facility's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 87.748344 percent of its residents. This is quite a bit lower than what we expected. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The last category we looked at is inspections. This facility didn't receive glowing inspections in recent years. As a result, we had to give it an F in this area. Since this information is collected by independent government inspectors, we tend to heavily weight negative feedback in this category. This really pulled down this facility's overall score. With facilities that received this bad of an inspection score, we would scrutinize any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular nursing home had 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, we want to point out that this facility was assessed large government fines in recent years of more than $100,000. This often indicates that a poor performance has been an issue for several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arlington Villa Retirement Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 6.64% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 3.31% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 0.37% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 13.62% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 12.06% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents showing symptoms of depression. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 91.41% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 22.1% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 17.86% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 17.86% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 3.04% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arlington Villa Retirement Community, 60.5% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Arlington, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Arlington, Texas has 5 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 4.69 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 5.26 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 10.74 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Eastchase Dialysis Center1.25 miles away1451 Eastchase Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76120Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 459-0372
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Arlington LLC2.15 miles away1138 S Bowen Road Arlington Texas 76013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (817) 265-7115
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Arlington2.18 miles away203 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76011CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 275-7787
- North Arlington Dialysis2.73 miles away642 Lincoln Square Arlington Texas 76011Dialysis Stations: 19 (817) 542-0529
- Fresenius Medical Care East Fort Worth, LLC3.09 miles away1032 Sandy Lane Fort Worth Texas 76120Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 429-1944
- Greater Irving I Regional Dialysis Center, LLC4.18 miles away1950 Ne Green Oaks Blvd Suite 190 Arlington Texas 76006Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 460-0510
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis East Fort Worth4.32 miles away6450 Brentwood Stair Rd Fort Worth Texas 76112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (817) 888-3015
- Arlington Dialysis4.55 miles away1250 E. Pioneer Parkway Suite 700 Arlington Texas 76010Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 469-6100