Arlington Gardens Care Center is located in Riverside, California. The city offers a multitude of options. This facility received an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average grade. If you take a look at the other options in Riverside, we are confident you will find this facility to be a better option than most nursing homes in the city. Fortunately, this nursing home didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Arlington Gardens Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3688 Nye Avenue,
Riverside CA 92505
97.57% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this place really excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite insignificant. This nursing home was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other accomplishments is its top-shelf short-term care grade. We awarded them one of our most impressive grades in that area, with a grade of A-. Our short-term care scores are arguably more critical for folks in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually requires more skilled nursing. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. We were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Arlington Gardens Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a solid grade of B-. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is more than the average nursing home. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The final category we analyzed was nursing, where this nursing home was awarded a B-. While this is its lowest category score, this is nevertheless a middle of the pack score. Our nursing score consists of quite a few factors, many of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This particular facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This figure is far below the national average. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arlington Gardens Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients which suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Riverside, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Riverside, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 0.27 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 1.97 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Corona Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away800 South Main Street Corona California 92882Proprietary(951) 737-4343
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 11.56 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.07 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.17 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.24 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Davita-Riverside Pd Central0.39 miles away3660 Park Sierra, Suite 108 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 11 (951) 687-3900
- Davita-Magnolia West at Home0.4 miles away3660 Park Sierra Drive, Suite 103 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 2 (951) 373-4004
- Fmc-Riverside0.7 miles away3470 La Sierra Avenue, Suite E Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (951) 343-7700
- Davita-Magnolia West Dialysis0.76 miles away11161 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (951) 351-8090
- Van Buren Dialysis1.46 miles away3595 Van Buren Blvd., Suite 101 Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 977-9466
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Riverside1.51 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 10800 Magnolia Avenue, Module 1x Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 4 (951) 353-4887
- Davita-Jurupa Valley Dialysis4.79 miles away8080 Limonite Avenue Riverside California 92509Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 361-9405
- Davita-Corona Dialysis Center5.56 miles away2057 Compton Avenue, #101 Corona California 92881CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 735-5845