Arlington Gardens Care Center is located in Riverside, California. The city offers a multitude of options. This facility received an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average grade. If you take a look at the other options in Riverside, we are confident you will find this facility to be a better option than most nursing homes in the city. Fortunately, this nursing home didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Arlington Gardens Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this nursing home really excelled in our short-term care rating, where it received a grade of A. Few facilities fared better in this category. In the category of short-term care, we seek to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Arlington Gardens Care Center?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Nursing grades are mostly associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was this nursing home's poorest area. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still awarded it an acceptable grade of B- for our long-term care category. Our long-term care grade is generally used to score a facility's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a skilled nursing facility. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arlington Gardens Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents who sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents which are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are typically used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 4.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating signs of depression. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 95.72% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arlington Gardens Care Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Riverside, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Riverside, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 0.27 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 1.97 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Corona Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away800 South Main Street Corona California 92882Proprietary(951) 737-4343
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 11.56 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.07 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.17 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.24 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Davita-Riverside Pd Central0.39 miles away3660 Park Sierra, Suite 108 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 11 (951) 687-3900
- Davita-Magnolia West at Home0.4 miles away3660 Park Sierra Drive, Suite 103 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 2 (951) 373-4004
- Fmc-Riverside0.7 miles away3470 La Sierra Avenue, Suite E Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (951) 343-7700
- Davita-Magnolia West Dialysis0.76 miles away11161 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (951) 351-8090
- Van Buren Dialysis1.46 miles away3595 Van Buren Blvd., Suite 101 Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 977-9466
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Riverside1.51 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 10800 Magnolia Avenue, Module 1x Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 4 (951) 353-4887
- Davita-Jurupa Valley Dialysis4.79 miles away8080 Limonite Avenue Riverside California 92509Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 361-9405
- Davita-Corona Dialysis Center5.56 miles away2057 Compton Avenue, #101 Corona California 92881CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 735-5845