Arleigh Burke Pavilion is a small non-profit nursing home located in Mc Lean, Virginia. This nursing home is an A+ facility, which is our absolute highest score. In fact, this facility has the distinction of being one of the top 10 nursing homes in Virginia. Headlining this place's stellar profile is its short-term care score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Arleigh Burke Pavilion
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Mc Lean senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Virginia Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Mc Lean, Virginia Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Virginia Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Mc Lean, Virginia Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Virginia Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Mc Lean, Virginia Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. Short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our nursing rating is largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving patients more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Arleigh Burke Pavilion?
This nursing home also earned excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our best scores in that category, with a grade of A. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we graded, this nursing home was given a very favorable grade of A in our long-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home rounded out a straight A profile. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 90.26549 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is slightly lower than we were hoping for but still a respectable figure. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, we were pleased to find nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arleigh Burke Pavilion Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 7.29% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 3.54% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients which sustained a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 1.01% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 15.93% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 2% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 0.92% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many would argue this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 91.85% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 7.53% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 7.92% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 7.92% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 8.76% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 84.94% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Virginia Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.55 miles away1701 North George Mason Drive Arlington Virginia 22205Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 558-5000
- Sibley Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.66 miles away5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington District of Columbia 20016Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 537-4680
- Medstar Georgetown University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.32 miles away3800 Reservoir Rd Washington District of Columbia 20007Voluntary non-profit - Private(202) 784-3000
- George Washington Univ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.72 miles away900 23rd St Nw Washington District of Columbia 20037Proprietary(202) 716-4605
- Inova Fairfax HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away3300 Gallows Road Falls Church Virginia 22042Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 776-4001
- Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.94 miles away8600 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 896-2576
- Walter Reed National Military Med CenAcute Care - Department of Defense 6.39 miles away8901 Rockville Pike Bethesda Maryland 20889Department of Defense(301) 295-4000
- Howard University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.1 miles away2041 Georgia Ave Nw Washington District of Columbia 20060Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 745-6100
- Us Renal Care Bethesda Dialysis2.75 miles away4701 Sangamore Rd Suite p017 Bethesda Maryland 20816Dialysis Stations: 10 (870) 931-5400
- Somatus Dialysis of Fall Church, LLC2.84 miles away500 North Washington Drive Suite 100 Falls Church Virginia 22046Dialysis Stations: 8 (703) 382-8361
- Us Renal Care Falls Church Dialysis3.56 miles away6541 Arlington Blvd Falls Church Virginia 22042Dialysis Stations: 13 (703) 533-8247
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid Atlantic States, Inc3.7 miles away8008 Westpark Dr Suite 425 Mc Lean Virginia 22102Dialysis Stations: 2 (703) 287-1060
- Davita - Arlington4.15 miles away4805 First St North Arlington Virginia 22203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (703) 527-0652
- Davita - Tysons Corner4.29 miles away8391 Old Courthouse Rd Vienna Virginia 22182CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (703) 827-8644
- Davita Georgetown Home Training4.63 miles away2233 Wisconsin Ave Suite 214 Washington District of Columbia 20007Dialysis Stations: 12 (202) 337-1431
- Fairfax Dialysis Center5.63 miles away8316 Arlington Blvd Ste 108 Fairfax Virginia 22031Dialysis Stations: 21 (703) 698-8070