Arleigh Burke Pavilion is a small non-profit nursing home located in Mc Lean, Virginia. This nursing home is an A+ facility, which is our absolute highest score. In fact, this facility has the distinction of being one of the top 10 nursing homes in Virginia. Headlining this place's stellar profile is its nursing score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Arleigh Burke Pavilion
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1739 Kirby Road,
Mc Lean VA 22101
90% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Virginia Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Mc Lean, Virginia Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Virginia Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Mc Lean, Virginia Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Virginia Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Mc Lean, Virginia Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. Nursing ratings are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning residents more often.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an A+ short-term care grade, making it one of the few facilities to receive several A+ category grades. In forming these short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Arleigh Burke Pavilion?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we analyzed was long-term care. This facility performed well in our long-term care category as well. We awarded them a dominant grade of A+ in this area. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Adding to this nursing home's impressive profile, we awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of A for our inspections rating. With this grade, the nursing home completes its straight A report card. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area typically have few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arleigh Burke Pavilion Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 8.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 3.64% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 2.55% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 13.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 20.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 3.63% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 91.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 16.48% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 21.22% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 1.29 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 21.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 11.62 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 75.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Virginia Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.55 miles away1701 North George Mason Drive Arlington Virginia 22205Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 558-5000
- Sibley Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.66 miles away5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington District of Columbia 20016Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 537-4680
- Medstar Georgetown University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.32 miles away3800 Reservoir Rd Washington District of Columbia 20007Voluntary non-profit - Private(202) 784-3000
- George Washington Univ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.72 miles away900 23rd St Nw Washington District of Columbia 20037Proprietary(202) 716-4605
- Inova Fairfax HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away3300 Gallows Road Falls Church Virginia 22042Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 776-4001
- Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.94 miles away8600 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 896-2576
- Walter Reed National Military Med CenAcute Care - Department of Defense 6.39 miles away8901 Rockville Pike Bethesda Maryland 20889Department of Defense(301) 295-4000
- Howard University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.1 miles away2041 Georgia Ave Nw Washington District of Columbia 20060Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 745-6100
- Us Renal Care Bethesda Dialysis2.75 miles away4701 Sangamore Rd Suite p017 Bethesda Maryland 20816Dialysis Stations: 10 (870) 931-5400
- Somatus Dialysis of Fall Church, LLC2.84 miles away500 North Washington Drive Suite 100 Falls Church Virginia 22046Dialysis Stations: 8 (703) 382-8361
- Us Renal Care Falls Church Dialysis3.56 miles away6541 Arlington Blvd Falls Church Virginia 22042Dialysis Stations: 13 (703) 533-8247
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid Atlantic States, Inc3.7 miles away8008 Westpark Dr Suite 425 Mc Lean Virginia 22102Dialysis Stations: 2 (703) 287-1060
- Davita - Arlington4.15 miles away4805 First St North Arlington Virginia 22203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (703) 527-0652
- Davita - Tysons Corner4.29 miles away8391 Old Courthouse Rd Vienna Virginia 22182CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (703) 827-8644
- Davita Georgetown Home Training4.63 miles away2233 Wisconsin Ave Suite 214 Washington District of Columbia 20007Dialysis Stations: 12 (202) 337-1431
- Fairfax Dialysis Center5.63 miles away8316 Arlington Blvd Ste 108 Fairfax Virginia 22031Dialysis Stations: 21 (703) 698-8070