Arleigh Burke Pavilion is a small non-profit nursing home located in Mc Lean, Virginia. This nursing home is an A+ facility, which is our absolute highest score. We were so impressed with this facility that we rated it as one of the top 25 nursing homes in Virginia. Headlining this place's stellar profile is its nursing score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Arleigh Burke Pavilion
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. Nursing ratings are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning residents more often.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an A+ short-term care grade, making it one of the few facilities to receive several A+ category grades. In forming these short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Arleigh Burke Pavilion?
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category generally have few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next area, this nursing home also excelled in our long-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. This wrapped up a straight A report card. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arleigh Burke Pavilion Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 2.59% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who have experienced UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic can also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 13.53% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 20.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are typically given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 3.59% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 91.36% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 16.53% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 23.38% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 1.23 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 23.38 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 11.33 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arleigh Burke Pavilion, 75.1% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Virginia Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.55 miles away1701 North George Mason Drive Arlington Virginia 22205Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 558-5000
- Sibley Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.66 miles away5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington District of Columbia 20016Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 537-4680
- Medstar Georgetown University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.32 miles away3800 Reservoir Rd Washington District of Columbia 20007Voluntary non-profit - Private(202) 784-3000
- George Washington Univ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.72 miles away900 23rd St Nw Washington District of Columbia 20037Proprietary(202) 716-4605
- Inova Fairfax HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away3300 Gallows Road Falls Church Virginia 22042Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 776-4001
- Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.94 miles away8600 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 896-2576
- Walter Reed National Military Med CenAcute Care - Department of Defense 6.39 miles away8901 Rockville Pike Bethesda Maryland 20889Department of Defense(301) 295-4000
- Howard University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.1 miles away2041 Georgia Ave Nw Washington District of Columbia 20060Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 745-6100
- Us Renal Care Bethesda Dialysis2.75 miles away4701 Sangamore Rd Suite p017 Bethesda Maryland 20816Dialysis Stations: 10 (870) 931-5400
- Somatus Dialysis of Fall Church, LLC2.84 miles away500 North Washington Drive Suite 100 Falls Church Virginia 22046Dialysis Stations: 8 (703) 382-8361
- Us Renal Care Falls Church Dialysis3.56 miles away6541 Arlington Blvd Falls Church Virginia 22042Dialysis Stations: 13 (703) 533-8247
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid Atlantic States, Inc3.7 miles away8008 Westpark Dr Suite 425 Mc Lean Virginia 22102Dialysis Stations: 2 (703) 287-1060
- Davita - Arlington4.15 miles away4805 First St North Arlington Virginia 22203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (703) 527-0652
- Davita - Tysons Corner4.29 miles away8391 Old Courthouse Rd Vienna Virginia 22182CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (703) 827-8644
- Davita Georgetown Home Training4.63 miles away2233 Wisconsin Ave Suite 214 Washington District of Columbia 20007Dialysis Stations: 12 (202) 337-1431
- Fairfax Dialysis Center5.63 miles away8316 Arlington Blvd Ste 108 Fairfax Virginia 22031Dialysis Stations: 21 (703) 698-8070