With an address in Berea, Ohio, Aristocrat Berea Healthcare and Rehabilitation is one of a mere three available nursing homes in this area. This nursing home received an overall grade of F. Unfortunately, the city grade for Berea is not too much better. Nevertheless, you still ought to be able to do better We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, long-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Aristocrat Berea Healthcare and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Aristocrat Berea Healthcare and Rehabilitation has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We did not have any positive things to say about this facility's overall score or its category grades. Nevertheless, with a D in this area, it still performed relatively badly. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means the facility didn't perform well in our measures relating to patient care. One of the statistics we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 92.19331 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home a grade of just D for our short-term care rating and that actually turned out to be its second best score. Our short-term care grade is often employed to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Based on its poor rating in this category, we weren't surprised to find this facility provided far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most nursing homes. The final measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Aristocrat Berea Healthcare and Rehabilitation?
This place received an F for its inspection grade. This is a very important category. Scores in this range usually mean we found some red flags on the facility's government inspections. When a place has this poor of an inspection rating, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they caused a risk to patient safety or health. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
The final area we assessed was nursing. It received an abysmal F in this category, which is a poor grade. Nursing grades are largely based on a facility's nurse staffing. This place averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This figure is far below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This facility performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aristocrat Berea Healthcare and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aristocrat Berea Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aristocrat Berea Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aristocrat Berea Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aristocrat Berea Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aristocrat Berea Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aristocrat Berea Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 20.26% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aristocrat Berea Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 90.12% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aristocrat Berea Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aristocrat Berea Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aristocrat Berea Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.04 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.31 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 10.22 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.09 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 15.1 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights1.17 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis1.49 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645
- Davita - Villa of Great Northern3.64 miles away22710 Fairview Center Dr., Ste 100 Cleveland Ohio 44126Dialysis Stations: 7 (440) 734-4630
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West3.67 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451
- Davita - Parma Heights Dialysis5 miles away9050 North Church Drive Cleveland Ohio 44130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 842-0895
- Davita - Parma Dialysis5.52 miles away6735 Ames Road Cleveland Ohio 44129Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 743-0690
- Davita Dialysis - Strongsville5.78 miles away17792 Pearl Rd. Strongsville Ohio 44136CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 238-9270
- Center for Dialysis Care Westside Home Care LLC6.24 miles away24651 Center Ridge Rd Suite 450 Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 10 (440) 899-2808