Aristacare at Whiting is a large nursing home located in Manchester Township, New Jersey. This nursing home is a decent facility, with an overall grade of B-. In our view, this place would be a solid choice for most people. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is long-term care, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Aristacare at Whiting
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home excelled in our long-term care category, with an A in this area. This really propped up its overall score quite a bit. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. One of the factors we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 74.01575 percent of its patients. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, we were pleased to find facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
This facility also performed well in inspections. It received one of our best grades in that category with an A-. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Aristacare at Whiting?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a solid grade of C. With our short-term care category, we endeavor to forge a meaningful measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. We were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this place. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Moving on to our fourth area, we gave this nursing home a D for the area of nursing. This was the facility's least impressive category rating. Sadly, this grade pulled down the facility's overall grade to a certain degree. In determining a nursing home's nursing grade, we consider the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aristacare at Whiting Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aristacare at Whiting, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aristacare at Whiting, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents who had falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aristacare at Whiting, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aristacare at Whiting, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aristacare at Whiting, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aristacare at Whiting, 5.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aristacare at Whiting, 92% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aristacare at Whiting, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aristacare at Whiting, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who maintained mobility.
In Aristacare at Whiting, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aristacare at Whiting, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aristacare at Whiting, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aristacare at Whiting, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Manchester Township, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Manchester Township, New Jersey has 4 other nursing homes
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.17 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.86 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.19 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Southern Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.19 miles away1140 Rt 72 W Manahawkin New Jersey 08050Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 597-6011
- Fmc Whiting Dialysis Ctr2.19 miles away400-430 Route 530 Pinewald-Keswick Road Manchester Township New Jersey 08759CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 350-8405
- Fmc John J De Palma Renal Center5.82 miles away1 Plaza Drive Toms River New Jersey 08757CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (732) 505-0637
- Fresenius Medical Care Toms River12.31 miles away970 Hooper Avenue Toms River New Jersey 08753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 286-6502
- Fmc Lakewood Dialysis12.55 miles awaySeagull Shopping Plaza 1328 River Avenue Ste 16 Lakewood New Jersey 08701Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 730-2222
- Davita Dialysis at Deborah12.91 miles away107 Trenton Road Browns Mills New Jersey 08015CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (609) 893-3950
- Kamakee Dialysis (Davita Ocean County Dc)13.44 miles away635 Bay Avenue Suite 215 Toms River New Jersey 08753Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 341-2730
- Physicians Dialysis Brick13.72 miles awayRenal Center 150 Brick Boulevard Brick New Jersey 08723CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 477-2247
- Davita Jackson Township Dialysis14.5 miles away260 North County Line Road Suite 120 Jackson New Jersey 08527Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 364-2055