Aristacare at Delaire is a very-large nursing home in Linden, New Jersey. Featuring an overall score of B-, this is a solid nursing home. Based on our ratings, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. The best part of this place's profile is its exemplary inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Aristacare at Delaire
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Few facilities performed better in this category. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident safety or health. A couple relatively minor dings are not necessarily something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of long-term care, we gave this nursing home a grade of A- in that category. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.6633 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Aristacare at Delaire?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. In determining our nursing ratings, we look at both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest category is short-term care, which is the last area we assessed. For this area, we gave this facility a grade of D. Our short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. It appears that this facility was subpar in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the staffing figures we assessed. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This definitely was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aristacare at Delaire Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aristacare at Delaire, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aristacare at Delaire, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which sustained a fall resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aristacare at Delaire, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aristacare at Delaire, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aristacare at Delaire, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are typically prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aristacare at Delaire, 5.81% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aristacare at Delaire, 92% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aristacare at Delaire, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aristacare at Delaire, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Aristacare at Delaire, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aristacare at Delaire, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aristacare at Delaire, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aristacare at Delaire, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 2.39 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.02 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 7.06 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Richmond University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away355 Bard Avenue Staten Island New York 10310Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 818-1234
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 7.63 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Carepoint Health - Bayonne Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away29 East 29th St Bayonne New Jersey 07002Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 858-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Trinitas Sat Linden0.45 miles away10 North Wood Ave Suite G Linden New Jersey 07036Dialysis Stations: 15 (908) 862-7400
- Fmc Linden Dialysis1.2 miles away630 West St. Georges Ave Linden New Jersey 07036CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (908) 925-5161
- Davita Rahway1.85 miles away800 Harrison Street Rahway New Jersey 07065Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 680-0370
- Trinitas Hospital3.62 miles awayDialysis Unit 225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Dialysis Stations: 14 (908) 994-5203
- Trinitas Cranford Dialysis3.63 miles away205 Birchwood Ave Cranford New Jersey 07016Dialysis Stations: 9 (908) 402-2000
- Fmc Kenilworth3.98 miles away131 South 31st Street Kenilworth New Jersey 07033CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (908) 241-0453
- Fmc Colonia Dialysis Ctr4.02 miles away1250 Route 27 Colonia New Jersey 07067CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (732) 382-7333
- Trinitas Livingston St4.1 miles awayDialysis Unit 629 Livingston St Elizabethport New Jersey 07206Dialysis Stations: 14 (908) 994-7011