Arista Healthcare is in Naperville, Illinois, a city with a total of 160,668 people. Featuring an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a lower end nursing home. If you are not happy with this facility's relatively poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are six other nursing homes in Naperville. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this nursing home an abysmal overall score, we awarded it a B- for our nursing category. We scrutinized the licensure of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses were with residents, in calculating our grade in this category. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it scored well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Interestingly, this facility's terrible overall score can't really be attributed to its government inspection reports. We gave it a C for our inspections category. We would argue that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. This facility had 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Does this page answer your questions about Arista Healthcare?
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home just a D for our short-term care score. This is well below average in this category. In crafting these short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. With its score in this category, we were not stunned to discover that this place is well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we looked at. Honestly, this was about what we expected here. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is long-term care. We gave it an abysmal F for this area, which is a very poor grade. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category may not provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes offer. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 4.104478 percent of its residents. This is quite a bit less than average. Surprisingly, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arista Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arista Healthcare, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients which suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arista Healthcare, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term patients who have sustained falls leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arista Healthcare, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term patients that suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arista Healthcare, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arista Healthcare, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arista Healthcare, 29.8% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arista Healthcare, 87.49% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arista Healthcare, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Some believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arista Healthcare, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Arista Healthcare, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arista Healthcare, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arista Healthcare, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arista Healthcare, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Naperville, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Naperville, Illinois has 6 other nursing homes
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.92 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.25 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.71 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.97 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.11 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center0.59 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fmc - Naperbrook4.85 miles away2451 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60565CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 428-9769
- Fmc - Dupage West5.57 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Davita - Woodridge at Home6.41 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fkc - Woodridge6.47 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Fkc - East Aurora6.66 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd7.04 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Dialyze Direct Il - Glen Ellyn7.17 miles away800 Roosevelt Rd Ste C-16 Glen Ellyn Illinois 60137Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 942-1111