Arista Healthcare is in Naperville, Illinois, a city with a total of 160,668 people. Featuring an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a lower end nursing home. If you are not happy with this facility's relatively poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are six other nursing homes in Naperville. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1136 North Mill Street,
Naperville IL 60563
55.09% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this nursing home an abysmal overall score, we awarded it a C for our nursing category. We scrutinized the licensure of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses were with residents, in calculating our grade in this category. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it scored well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
Incredibly, we gave this facility a C for its short-term care grade, which really isn't a bad grade. Our short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility supplied fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is still important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The final statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Arista Healthcare?
This nursing home really didn't perform terribly in inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of C for that area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. This nursing home had 8 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but none were in categories G through L. This tells you it dodged the more significant classes of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final category, this facility really did not fare well in this category either. With a very poor grade of F in long-term care, this is about as as uninspiring as it gets. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is a bad sign for patient care and it may indicate that the facility is not as well-staffed. After we finished assessing the amount of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 22.743685 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arista Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arista Healthcare, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arista Healthcare, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arista Healthcare, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arista Healthcare, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arista Healthcare, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arista Healthcare, 30.45% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arista Healthcare, 87.4% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arista Healthcare, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Some believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arista Healthcare, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Arista Healthcare, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arista Healthcare, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arista Healthcare, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arista Healthcare, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Naperville, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Naperville, Illinois has 6 other nursing homes
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.92 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.25 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.71 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.97 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.11 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center0.59 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fmc - Naperbrook4.85 miles away2451 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60565CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 428-9769
- Fmc - Dupage West5.57 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Davita - Woodridge at Home6.41 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fkc - Woodridge6.47 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Fkc - East Aurora6.66 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd7.04 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Dialyze Direct Il - Glen Ellyn7.17 miles away800 Roosevelt Rd Ste C-16 Glen Ellyn Illinois 60137Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 942-1111