Arista Healthcare is in Naperville, Illinois, a city with a total of 160,668 people. With an overall rating of D, this is a lower end nursing home. If you are not happy with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Naperville. The city has just three other nursing homes. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Naperville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. This grade is far better than the place's overall score. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's short-term care rating appears to be one of its higher scores. The nursing home was awarded a grade of B- in this category. With our short-term care score, we endeavor to forge a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The more important thing is determining what effect this had on quality of care. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Arista Healthcare?
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Our nursing score is based on a handful of factors, many of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This place fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was long-term care. We gave it a lowly F for this area, which is a very poor score. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means the facility did not perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 90.96774 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arista Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arista Healthcare, 14.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arista Healthcare, 4.52% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained falls resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arista Healthcare, 0.36% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arista Healthcare, 2.51% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arista Healthcare, 15.52% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arista Healthcare, 82.5% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arista Healthcare, 91.59% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arista Healthcare, 14.23% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arista Healthcare, 23.8% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Arista Healthcare, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arista Healthcare, 23.8% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arista Healthcare, 7.34% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arista Healthcare, 57.38% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Naperville, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Naperville, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.92 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.25 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.71 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.97 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.11 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center0.59 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fmc - Naperbrook4.85 miles away2451 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60565CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 428-9769
- Fmc - Dupage West5.57 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Davita - Woodridge at Home6.41 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fkc - Woodridge6.47 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Fkc - East Aurora6.66 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd7.04 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Dialyze Direct Il - Glen Ellyn7.17 miles away800 Roosevelt Rd Ste C-16 Glen Ellyn Illinois 60137Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 942-1111