Arden Post Acute Rehab is a large nursing home located in Sacramento, California. This facility received an uninspiring overall grade of D in our grading scheme. Not surprisingly, this is ranked as one of the bottom 10 rated facilities in Sacramento based on the data we assessed. In a city with many other nursing homes, you should be able to find an alternative. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is discussed in the next section.
Arden Post Acute Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3400 Alta Arden Expressway,
Sacramento CA 95825
66.04% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Arden Post Acute Rehab has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall score is not a highlight, it actually received a somewhat respectable grade in the area of inspections. We awarded it a B- for this category, which is a decent score. We believe that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is not a bad score. Our nursing grade assesses a handful of factors, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a relatively low total compared with most nursing homes. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Arden Post Acute Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next highest area came in the area of short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. Our short-term care grades are meaningful for people requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The key is determining what bearing this had on the quality of care. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed was long-term care. This nursing home was awarded a B- for this area. Long-term care grades are important for people seeking non-healthcare services such as personal care. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 97.50779 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arden Post Acute Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients who had UTI's. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents showing signs of depression. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 21 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 0.46 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 3.27 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.14 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- University Dialysis Center2.52 miles away333 University Avenue Suite 100 Sacramento California 95825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 920-0877
- Manzanita Dialysis Center3.26 miles away4005 Manzanita Avenue Ste 17 & 18 Carmichael California 95608CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 483-3241
- North Sacramento Dialysis Center4.03 miles away251 Lathrop Way Suite A Sacramento California 95815CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 922-4721
- Dci Rancho Dialysis Clinic4.55 miles away10294 Rockingham Drive Sacramento California 95827Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 857-1819
- Dci Madison Dialysis Clinic4.8 miles away5222 Madison Avenue Sacramento California 95841Dialysis Stations: 12 (916) 338-6644
- Alhambra Dialysis Center4.83 miles away1315 Alhambra Blvd #100 Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 457-8252
- Dci University Dialysis Clinic4.94 miles away1771 Stockton Blvd Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 453-0803
- Broadway Dialysis4.99 miles away2624 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (916) 457-0113