Arden Post Acute Rehab is a large nursing home located in Sacramento, California. This facility received an uninspiring overall grade of D in our grading scheme. Not surprisingly, this is ranked as one of bottom three facilities in Sacramento. With so many other nursing homes in the city, you should be able to do better. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Arden Post Acute Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Arden Post Acute Rehab has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Sacramento senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although this nursing home's overall grade is not a highlight, it received a somewhat respectable grade in the category of inspections. We awarded it a B- for that area, which is a decent score. Our inspection scores are tied to several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient health or safety. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of B-. Our nursing score is mostly tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, we also assessed several nursing quality measures. Although this facility got docked a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in a few of these quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared remarkably well in this statistic. This is typically an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving a patient at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Arden Post Acute Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a solid grade in the category of short-term care, with a B-. In determining these short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The tricky part is determining what bearing this had on the quality of care. Finally, we considered the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care. For this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Our long-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of care. This includes a vast range of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine medical services. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 94.414894 percent of its residents, which is more than most nursing homes. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arden Post Acute Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients which have experienced a fall leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who had a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay residents which are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 5.83% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 95.65% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arden Post Acute Rehab, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 8 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 0.46 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 3.27 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.14 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- University Dialysis Center2.52 miles away333 University Avenue Suite 100 Sacramento California 95825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 920-0877
- Manzanita Dialysis Center3.26 miles away4005 Manzanita Avenue Ste 17 & 18 Carmichael California 95608CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 483-3241
- North Sacramento Dialysis Center4.03 miles away251 Lathrop Way Suite A Sacramento California 95815CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 922-4721
- Dci Rancho Dialysis Clinic4.55 miles away10294 Rockingham Drive Sacramento California 95827Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 857-1819
- Dci Madison Dialysis Clinic4.8 miles away5222 Madison Avenue Sacramento California 95841Dialysis Stations: 12 (916) 338-6644
- Alhambra Dialysis Center4.83 miles away1315 Alhambra Blvd #100 Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 457-8252
- Dci University Dialysis Clinic4.94 miles away1771 Stockton Blvd Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 453-0803
- Broadway Dialysis4.99 miles away2624 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (916) 457-0113