Archstone Care Center is one of four facilities in Chandler, Arizona. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is one of our higher scores. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. The best part of this facility's strong report card is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Archstone Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Chandler senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a great overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A for inspections. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was dominant in the category of short-term care, where it received a score of A-. Very few nursing homes received a better grade in this area. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Archstone Care Center?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. There are a host of criteria within this category. Many of these factors are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Arizona in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving a patient more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a grade of B. Even though this proved to be its poorest category score, this is nevertheless an impressive score. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 98.26087 percent of its residents, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Archstone Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Archstone Care Center, 8.99% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Archstone Care Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Archstone Care Center, 1.4% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic may also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Archstone Care Center, 11.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Archstone Care Center, 17.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Archstone Care Center, 3.74% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Archstone Care Center, 74.57% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Archstone Care Center, 12.93% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Some experts believe that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Archstone Care Center, 15.66% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who retained mobility levels. Some believe that mobility is important for patients mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Archstone Care Center, 15.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Archstone Care Center, 11.86 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Archstone Care Center, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Chandler, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Chandler, Arizona has 3 other nursing homes
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.5 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.62 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.86 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 15.3 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Chandler Dialysis (Fmc)1.42 miles away912 W Chandler Blvd Bldg a-D Chandler Arizona 85225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 821-9801
- Ocotillo Dialysis (Dva)4.16 miles away975 W Chandler Heights Ste 101 Chandler Arizona 85248Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 802-4405
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Tempe (Dva)4.72 miles away2149 E Warner Rd Ste 109 & Ste 110 Tempe Arizona 85284CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 730-3531
- Sun Lakes Dialysis (Fmc)5.06 miles away9666 E Riggs Rd Ste 143 Chandler Arizona 85248CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 883-1301
- Mesa Dialysis Center (Fmc)6.38 miles away1525 N Gilbert Rd Ste 121 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 497-1127
- Southwest Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)6.94 miles away1457 W Southern Ave Ste 19 Mesa Arizona 85202Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 894-5411
- Gilbert Dialysis (Fmc)7.17 miles away3511 Mercy Rd Ste 101 Gilbert Arizona 85297CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 857-8338
- Home Dialysis of Mesa (Fmc)8.4 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 106 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 1 (480) 926-9222