Archstone Care Center is one of five facilities in Chandler, Arizona. This nursing home is an A rated facility, which is one of the highest scores we offer. We were impressed enough to rank this facility as one of the top 50 facilities in Arizona. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's exemplary report card is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Archstone Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1980 West Pecos Road,
Chandler AZ 85224
58.5% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with a strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A for inspections. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
On the list of its many dominant scores, this nursing home was awarded an excellent long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A in that area. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. After we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 98.039215 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a deadly illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Archstone Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, this nursing home received first-rate short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a score of A- in that category. In our short-term care category, we endeavor to forge a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Moving on to the last area, this facility was given a strong nursing rating. In fact, we gave it an A- in this category, rounding out a straight A profile. Our nursing grade is based on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving a patient at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Archstone Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Archstone Care Center, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who suffer from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Archstone Care Center, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often associated with poor nursing care. More supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Archstone Care Center, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Archstone Care Center, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Archstone Care Center, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Archstone Care Center, 3.1% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Archstone Care Center, 80.03% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Archstone Care Center, 12.44% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Archstone Care Center, 20.97% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Archstone Care Center, 20.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Archstone Care Center, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Archstone Care Center, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Chandler, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Chandler, Arizona has 4 other nursing homes
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.5 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.62 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.86 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 15.3 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Chandler Dialysis (Fmc)1.42 miles away912 W Chandler Blvd Bldg a-D Chandler Arizona 85225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 821-9801
- Ocotillo Dialysis (Dva)4.16 miles away975 W Chandler Heights Ste 101 Chandler Arizona 85248Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 802-4405
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Tempe (Dva)4.72 miles away2149 E Warner Rd Ste 109 & Ste 110 Tempe Arizona 85284CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 730-3531
- Sun Lakes Dialysis (Fmc)5.06 miles away9666 E Riggs Rd Ste 143 Chandler Arizona 85248CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 883-1301
- Mesa Dialysis Center (Fmc)6.38 miles away1525 N Gilbert Rd Ste 121 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 497-1127
- Southwest Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)6.94 miles away1457 W Southern Ave Ste 19 Mesa Arizona 85202Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 894-5411
- Gilbert Dialysis (Fmc)7.17 miles away3511 Mercy Rd Ste 101 Gilbert Arizona 85297CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 857-8338
- Home Dialysis of Mesa (Fmc)8.4 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 106 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 1 (480) 926-9222