Arcadia Health Care Center is a nursing home in Arcadia, California, which has a population of 65,810 people. Sporting an overall grade of B-, this appears to be a decent facility. Based on our ratings, there are certainly much worse nursing homes out there. This place was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Arcadia Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Arcadia senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home's best category grade came in the area of government inspections. In this area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B. It actually outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Inspection grades weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B in that category, which is one of our better scores. The nursing grade weighs many datapoints, however, the most important consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Arcadia Health Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B. It actually outperformed most facilities in this area. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a dangerous condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was short-term care. We gave this facility a C in this category. Our short-term care grade is generally used to grade a facility's rehabilitation services. To provide high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final item we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arcadia Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 8.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 0.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 2.67% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of long-term care residents who have experienced a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 4.55% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 3.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 2.65% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 3.25% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 4.05% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 4.05% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 8.66% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 87.5% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 1.18 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.14 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.65 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.52 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.19 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Davita-Arcadia Oaks Dialysis0.75 miles away721 W Huntington Drive, Suite a-D Arcadia California 91007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 294-9682
- Davita-Pasadena Foothills Dialysis Center2.02 miles away3722 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena California 91107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 432-4331
- Temple City Dialysis Facility, Inc.2.11 miles away9945 Lower Azusa Road Temple City California 91780CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 442-3400
- San Gabriel Nephrology Services, LLC2.82 miles away801 S. San Gabriel Blvd. San Gabriel California 91776CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (626) 285-1830
- Davita-Rosemead Springs Dialysis Center3.8 miles away3212 Rosemead Blvd. El Monte California 91731CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (626) 280-2080
- Davita-Eaton Canyon Dialysis4.19 miles away2551 E. Washington Blvd. Pasadena California 91107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 798-8896
- Mountain View Dialysis Center, Inc.4.19 miles away900 S. Mountain Avenue Monrovia California 91016Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 932-1810
- Rosemead Dialysis Center4.56 miles away7403 Hellman Avenue Rosemead California 91770Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 280-6161