Arcadia Health Care Center is a nursing home in Arcadia, California, which has a population of 65,810 people. Sporting an overall grade of C, this appears to be a decent facility. Based on our ratings, there are certainly much worse nursing homes out there. The best part of this place's profile is is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Arcadia Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1601 S Baldwin Ave.,
Arcadia CA 91006
83.41% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this is a decent nursing home is it received a favorable inspection score. In this category, we gave this nursing home a B. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also would like to point out that this nursing home was given impressive long-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our more impressive grades in this category, with a B. This proved to be the nursing home's second strongest grade. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Arcadia Health Care Center?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B in that category, which is one of our better scores. We assessed the licensure of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time those nurses were with patients, in determining our grade in this area. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's worst area was short-term care, which is the last category we assessed. In this category, we gave this facility a grade of D. In computing our short-term care grades, we assess the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is frequently a fair measure of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this nursing home offers significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical facility. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.5 percent of its patients returning home. This was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arcadia Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arcadia Health Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 1.18 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.14 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.65 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.52 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.19 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Davita-Arcadia Oaks Dialysis0.75 miles away721 W Huntington Drive, Suite a-D Arcadia California 91007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 294-9682
- Davita-Pasadena Foothills Dialysis Center2.02 miles away3722 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena California 91107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 432-4331
- Temple City Dialysis Facility, Inc.2.11 miles away9945 Lower Azusa Road Temple City California 91780CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 442-3400
- San Gabriel Nephrology Services, LLC2.82 miles away801 S. San Gabriel Blvd. San Gabriel California 91776CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (626) 285-1830
- Davita-Rosemead Springs Dialysis Center3.8 miles away3212 Rosemead Blvd. El Monte California 91731CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (626) 280-2080
- Davita-Eaton Canyon Dialysis4.19 miles away2551 E. Washington Blvd. Pasadena California 91107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 798-8896
- Mountain View Dialysis Center, Inc.4.19 miles away900 S. Mountain Avenue Monrovia California 91016Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 932-1810
- Rosemead Dialysis Center4.56 miles away7403 Hellman Avenue Rosemead California 91770Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 280-6161