Arbrook Plaza is one of six available facilities located in Arlington, Texas. Sporting an overall grade of B-, this is a middle of the pack nursing home. At the end of the day, this facility ought to be a solid choice for quite a few people. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's report card is its exemplary inspection rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Arlington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an elite inspection score. Its inspection grade was far superior to its overall score. In the inspections category, we gave it an A+. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category tend to have few severe deficiencies. This place was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded its second highest category score in the category of long-term care. We awarded this facility a B- in this area, which is an acceptable score. Our long-term care grade focuses on a nursing home's personal care instead of the highly skilled nursing or medical services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. This place also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbrook Plaza?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third best category ended up being its short-term care score, where it was awarded a B-. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. We were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this nursing home. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Switching gears to our fourth area, this facility was given a C for nursing, which is a respectable grade. There are several factors within this category. Many of these criteria are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a low total compared with most facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbrook Plaza Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arbrook Plaza, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arbrook Plaza, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arbrook Plaza, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term care residents which have sustained a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arbrook Plaza, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arbrook Plaza, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients who are given antianxiety medication. These medications are generally prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arbrook Plaza, 4.84% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arbrook Plaza, 93.69% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arbrook Plaza, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arbrook Plaza, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arbrook Plaza, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arbrook Plaza, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbrook Plaza, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Arlington, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Arlington, Texas has 5 other nursing homes
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 0.4 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 0.48 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 0.52 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Methodist Mansfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.99 miles away2700 E Broad Street Mansfield Texas 76063Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 622-2059
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 11.55 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.72 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- West Arlington Dialysis0.66 miles away1001 W Arbrook Blvd Suite 101 & 111 Arlington Texas 76015Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 466-7403
- South Arlington Dialysis Center1.05 miles away3415 S Cooper Street Suite 118 Arlington Texas 76015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (817) 465-8585
- Arlington Dialysis1.93 miles away1250 E. Pioneer Parkway Suite 700 Arlington Texas 76010Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 469-6100
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Arlington LLC3.52 miles away1138 S Bowen Road Arlington Texas 76013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (817) 265-7115
- Usrc West Grand Prairie, LLC4.01 miles away4045 S. Great Southwest Parkway Suite 100 Grand Prairie Texas 75052Dialysis Stations: 8 (972) 375-0028
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Arlington4.53 miles away203 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76011CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 275-7787
- North Arlington Dialysis4.96 miles away642 Lincoln Square Arlington Texas 76011Dialysis Stations: 19 (817) 542-0529
- Eastchase Dialysis Center5.96 miles away1451 Eastchase Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76120Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 459-0372