Arbrook Plaza is just one of 10 options in Arlington, Texas. Sporting an overall grade of C, this is a middle of the pack nursing home. At the end of the day, this facility ought to be a solid choice for quite a few people. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's report card is its exemplary inspection rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an elite inspection score. Its inspection grade was far superior to its overall score. In the inspections category, we gave it an A+. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category tend to have few severe deficiencies. This place was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an immediate threat to resident health or safety. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its next most favorable category score in the area of short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a grade of B- in this category, which is an acceptable score. In computing our short-term care grades, we size up the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is often a fair assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The more important thing is determining what bearing this had on quality of care. The last item we assessed in this category is the number of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbrook Plaza?
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities third best area was long-term care. We gave it a C in this area. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this area. Our long-term care scores are essential for people needing personal care. One of the statistics we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
This nursing home's weakest category was nursing, which is the final category we assessed. For this category, we gave this nursing home a D. Our nursing rating looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of skill of the nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This place offered only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbrook Plaza Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arbrook Plaza, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care residents who suffered from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arbrook Plaza, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arbrook Plaza, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arbrook Plaza, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arbrook Plaza, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients who are given antianxiety medication. These medications are generally prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arbrook Plaza, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arbrook Plaza, 94.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arbrook Plaza, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arbrook Plaza, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arbrook Plaza, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arbrook Plaza, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbrook Plaza, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Arlington, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Arlington, Texas has 9 other nursing homes
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 0.4 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 0.48 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 0.52 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Methodist Mansfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.99 miles away2700 E Broad Street Mansfield Texas 76063Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 622-2059
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 11.55 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.72 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- West Arlington Dialysis0.66 miles away1001 W Arbrook Blvd Suite 101 & 111 Arlington Texas 76015Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 466-7403
- South Arlington Dialysis Center1.05 miles away3415 S Cooper Street Suite 118 Arlington Texas 76015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (817) 465-8585
- Arlington Dialysis1.93 miles away1250 E. Pioneer Parkway Suite 700 Arlington Texas 76010Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 469-6100
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Arlington LLC3.52 miles away1138 S Bowen Road Arlington Texas 76013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (817) 265-7115
- Usrc West Grand Prairie, LLC4.01 miles away4045 S. Great Southwest Parkway Suite 100 Grand Prairie Texas 75052Dialysis Stations: 8 (972) 375-0028
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Arlington4.53 miles away203 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76011CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 275-7787
- North Arlington Dialysis4.96 miles away642 Lincoln Square Arlington Texas 76011Dialysis Stations: 19 (817) 542-0529
- Eastchase Dialysis Center5.96 miles away1451 Eastchase Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76120Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 459-0372