Arbors West is an average-sized nursing home located in West Jefferson, Ohio. Our scoring scheme was not very kind to this nursing home, as it received an overall rating of F. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in West Jefferson. This facility's only redeeming quality was its inspection score, which you can find additional information on below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on West Jefferson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a very impressive inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in that area with an A-. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid facilities with a bunch of severe deficiencies flagged. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home only earned a D for its short-term care rating, which was actually one of its better category grades. Our short-term care ratings are arguably most important for people requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Considering its abysmal grade in this area, we weren't shocked to learn that this place provided far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other facilities. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbors West?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we graded is long-term care. This facility's was given an unfortunate long-term care score where it received a lowly F. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
The last area we assessed was nursing. We gave it a lowly F in this area, which is a very poor score. Our nursing grade is primarily associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. With a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were well below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This facility performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbors West Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arbors West, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arbors West, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who have suffered falls which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arbors West, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care residents who have suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arbors West, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percent of long-term stay residents which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arbors West, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arbors West, 21.39% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. High levels of depression could be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arbors West, 88.91% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arbors West, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arbors West, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arbors West, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbors West, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Madison HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.01 miles away210 North Main Street London Ohio 43140Voluntary non-profit - Private(740) 845-7000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 11.68 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.5 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 13.68 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 14.28 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.48 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.29 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Davita - Hilliard Station Dialysis7.71 miles away2447 Hilliard Rome Road Hilliard Ohio 43026Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 876-3610
- Fmc Liberty Dialysis West Columbus8.36 miles away4500 West Broad St Columbus Ohio 43228Dialysis Stations: 19 (614) 853-5995
- Davita - Columbus West Dialysis8.48 miles away1395 Georgesville Road Columbus Ohio 43228Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 279-8495
- Davita - Columbus West at Home8.49 miles away1391 Georgesville Rd. Columbus Ohio 43228Dialysis Stations: 3 (614) 279-8495
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of London9.26 miles away306 Lafayette St. Suite J London Ohio 43140Dialysis Stations: 13 (740) 845-1594
- Fmc - Grove City10.71 miles away3149 Farm Bank Way Groveport Ohio 43125CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (614) 875-2349
- Davita - Dublin11.99 miles away6770 Perimeter Drive Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 798-8359
- Davita - Grove City Dialysis12.06 miles away4155 Kelnor Drive Grove City Ohio 43123Dialysis Stations: 8 (614) 801-0323