Complete Care at Arbors is an average-sized nursing home in Toms River, New Jersey. Featuring an overall score of C, this is likely a decent nursing home. This nursing home has a few things going for it. This place didn't meet our expectations in every category we looked at, but it didn't receive any terrible grades either. More information about these categories can be found below.
Complete Care at Arbors
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this nursing home really outperformed its overall grade in the area of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our best scores in that category with an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second most favorable category was long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B-. Our long-term care grade is generally used to score a facility's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services offered by a skilled nursing facility. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We found that this nursing home provided the vaccine to only 66.53062 percent of its residents, which is well below average. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Complete Care at Arbors?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of C. The nursing score weighs a handful of subcategories, but the most important one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is significantly below average. Lastly, our nursing ratings also consider quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses to assist its residents.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our next category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D in the area of short-term care. This was the nursing home's weakest category grade. Short-term care scores are vital for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. As you might expect, we learned that this place offers substantially less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than a typical facility. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Complete Care at Arbors Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Complete Care at Arbors, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Complete Care at Arbors, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Complete Care at Arbors, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients that have had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Complete Care at Arbors, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Complete Care at Arbors, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Complete Care at Arbors, 5.95% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Complete Care at Arbors, 91.97% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Complete Care at Arbors, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Complete Care at Arbors, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Complete Care at Arbors, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Complete Care at Arbors, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Complete Care at Arbors, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Complete Care at Arbors, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Toms River, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Toms River, New Jersey has 7 other nursing homes
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.59 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.13 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Southern Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.9 miles away1140 Rt 72 W Manahawkin New Jersey 08050Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 597-6011
- Fmc John J De Palma Renal Center2.05 miles away1 Plaza Drive Toms River New Jersey 08757CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (732) 505-0637
- Fmc Whiting Dialysis Ctr6.35 miles away400-430 Route 530 Pinewald-Keswick Road Manchester Township New Jersey 08759CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 350-8405
- Fresenius Medical Care Toms River7.02 miles away970 Hooper Avenue Toms River New Jersey 08753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 286-6502
- Fmc Lakewood Dialysis7.1 miles awaySeagull Shopping Plaza 1328 River Avenue Ste 16 Lakewood New Jersey 08701Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 730-2222
- Physicians Dialysis Brick8.21 miles awayRenal Center 150 Brick Boulevard Brick New Jersey 08723CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 477-2247
- Kamakee Dialysis (Davita Ocean County Dc)8.52 miles away635 Bay Avenue Suite 215 Toms River New Jersey 08753Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 341-2730
- Meridian-Fresenius Dialysis at Brick9.29 miles away1640 Route 88 Suite 102 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (732) 785-2690
- Shining Star Davita Bricktown Dc9.4 miles away525 Jack Martin Boulevard Suite 200 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 836-9669