Complete Care at Arbors is an average-sized nursing home in Toms River, New Jersey. Featuring an overall score of C, this is likely a decent nursing home. This nursing home has a few things going for it. The best part of this place's report card was its remarkable inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Complete Care at Arbors
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Toms River senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next highest area was long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. With our long-term care score, we look at the quantity of care offered by a facility, as well as some qualitative measures. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 79.230774 percent of its residents for pneumonia. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Complete Care at Arbors?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of C. There are numerous subcategories included in this grade. Most of the factors are tied to staffing levels. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. It performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we rated is short-term care, which was this facility's worst area. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this area, which is clearly a major concern. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to assess a facility's rehabilitation services. To have high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Based on its grade in this category, we were not stunned to discover that this place was well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the measures we looked at. The last measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.4 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Complete Care at Arbors Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Complete Care at Arbors, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Complete Care at Arbors, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Complete Care at Arbors, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients that have had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Complete Care at Arbors, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Complete Care at Arbors, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Complete Care at Arbors, 6.37% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Complete Care at Arbors, 89.73% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Complete Care at Arbors, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Complete Care at Arbors, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Complete Care at Arbors, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Complete Care at Arbors, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Complete Care at Arbors, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Complete Care at Arbors, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.59 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.13 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Southern Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.9 miles away1140 Rt 72 W Manahawkin New Jersey 08050Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 597-6011
- Fmc John J De Palma Renal Center2.05 miles away1 Plaza Drive Toms River New Jersey 08757CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (732) 505-0637
- Fmc Whiting Dialysis Ctr6.35 miles away400-430 Route 530 Pinewald-Keswick Road Manchester Township New Jersey 08759CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 350-8405
- Fresenius Medical Care Toms River7.02 miles away970 Hooper Avenue Toms River New Jersey 08753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 286-6502
- Fmc Lakewood Dialysis7.1 miles awaySeagull Shopping Plaza 1328 River Avenue Ste 16 Lakewood New Jersey 08701Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 730-2222
- Physicians Dialysis Brick8.21 miles awayRenal Center 150 Brick Boulevard Brick New Jersey 08723CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 477-2247
- Kamakee Dialysis (Davita Ocean County Dc)8.52 miles away635 Bay Avenue Suite 215 Toms River New Jersey 08753Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 341-2730
- Meridian-Fresenius Dialysis at Brick9.29 miles away1640 Route 88 Suite 102 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (732) 785-2690
- Shining Star Davita Bricktown Dc9.4 miles away525 Jack Martin Boulevard Suite 200 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 836-9669