Arbors at Streetsboro is an average-sized nursing home located in Streetsboro, Ohio. This is a decent facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on our analysis, this place has some redeeming qualities. The best part of this place's report card is its remarkable inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Arbors at Streetsboro
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its nearly flawless inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an A in this category. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's long-term care rating turns out to be one of its best scores. The facility was awarded a B- in this area. Our long-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's volume of nursing services. This includes a broad spectrum of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is a very solid total. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbors at Streetsboro?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. Our nursing grade analyzes quite a few subcategories, most of which are based on nursing hours. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a low total compared with most nursing homes. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we scored was short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D for short-term care, leaving this as its least impressive area. Our short-term care scores are crucial for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 4.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbors at Streetsboro Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients which suffered from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who suffered a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients which were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 20% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 90.19% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.49 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 13.82 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.97 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.36 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.81 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Fmc - Streetsboro Kidney Center0.94 miles away9200 Staples Drive, Ste A Streetsboro Ohio 44241Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 422-0160
- Usrc Kent LLC5.48 miles away1720 East Main Street Kent Ohio 44240Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 346-0467
- Fmc - Portage County Kidney Center5.68 miles away401 Devon Place Ste 100 Kent Ohio 44240CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 677-0880
- Davita Ravenna Dialysis Total Renal Care5.74 miles away600 Enterprise Parkway Ravenna Ohio 44266Dialysis Stations: 9 (330) 297-5846
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis7.83 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Davita - Munroe Falls8.19 miles away265 North Main Street Munroe Falls Ohio 44262CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 689-1400
- Ohio Renal Care Group LLC10.09 miles away320 Broadway St E Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44221Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 928-4511
- U S Renal Care - Cuyahoga Falls10.4 miles away421 Portage Trail, Suite B Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44221Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 928-7970