Arbors at Streetsboro is a nursing home in Streetsboro, Ohio, which has 16,428 people. This nursing home proved to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. Based on our ratings, this nursing home has quite a bit going for it. We were also pleased to find that this place did not have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Arbors at Streetsboro
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Streetsboro senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively minor. While this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an B. When computing a facility's nursing rating, we assess the quantity of hours nurses are seeing residents as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbors at Streetsboro?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed is short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a B-. Our short-term care grade is typically used to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation In order to provide highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have better levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded is long-term care. This facility was given a grade of C for the area. Our long-term care grades are more meaningful for people requiring more traditional services associated with personal care. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 99.4898 percent of its residents. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbors at Streetsboro Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have experienced a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 21.39% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 88.91% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Many would argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbors at Streetsboro, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.49 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 13.82 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.97 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.36 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.81 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Fmc - Streetsboro Kidney Center0.94 miles away9200 Staples Drive, Ste A Streetsboro Ohio 44241Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 422-0160
- Usrc Kent LLC5.48 miles away1720 East Main Street Kent Ohio 44240Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 346-0467
- Fmc - Portage County Kidney Center5.68 miles away401 Devon Place Ste 100 Kent Ohio 44240CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 677-0880
- Davita Ravenna Dialysis Total Renal Care5.74 miles away600 Enterprise Parkway Ravenna Ohio 44266Dialysis Stations: 9 (330) 297-5846
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis7.83 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Davita - Munroe Falls8.19 miles away265 North Main Street Munroe Falls Ohio 44262CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 689-1400
- Ohio Renal Care Group LLC10.09 miles away320 Broadway St E Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44221Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 928-4511
- U S Renal Care - Cuyahoga Falls10.4 miles away421 Portage Trail, Suite B Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44221Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 928-7970