Arbors at Stow is a facility located in Stow, Ohio, a city with 38,742 people. This facility received a concerning overall grade of D in our grading scheme. Based on our ratings, this place likely isn't the best fit for most people. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Arbors at Stow
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't grade this nursing home favorably overall, we did give it an excellent grade in the category of inspections, where it earned an A-. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Our nursing rating considers several datapoints. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This place provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbors at Stow?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the category of short-term care, this nursing home received a grade of just D in this category. With our short-term care score, we endeavor to forge a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Given its grade in this category, we weren't stunned to find that this place was well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the data we looked at. Honestly, this was what we expected here. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is long-term care. This nursing home received a very poor grade of F in this area. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 97.17949 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. Surprisingly, this place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbors at Stow Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arbors at Stow, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arbors at Stow, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients that experienced a fall leading to major injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arbors at Stow, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents that suffered from a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arbors at Stow, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arbors at Stow, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arbors at Stow, 20.26% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arbors at Stow, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arbors at Stow, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arbors at Stow, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Arbors at Stow, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arbors at Stow, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbors at Stow, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Stow, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of F
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of F
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Stow, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.51 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.04 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.99 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Davita - Munroe Falls2.27 miles away265 North Main Street Munroe Falls Ohio 44262CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 689-1400
- Fmc - Portage County Kidney Center2.91 miles away401 Devon Place Ste 100 Kent Ohio 44240CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 677-0880
- Usrc Kent LLC4.18 miles away1720 East Main Street Kent Ohio 44240Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 346-0467
- Ohio Renal Care Group LLC4.21 miles away320 Broadway St E Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44221Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 928-4511
- U S Renal Care - Cuyahoga Falls4.62 miles away421 Portage Trail, Suite B Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44221Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 928-7970
- Fmc - Streetsboro Kidney Center5.93 miles away9200 Staples Drive, Ste A Streetsboro Ohio 44241Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 422-0160
- Davita Akron Renal Center7.81 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44304CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 375-6848
- Davita - Summit Renal Care8.08 miles away73 Massillon Road Akron Ohio 44312Dialysis Stations: 15 (330) 733-1861