Arbors at Milford is a senior living facility in Milford, Ohio, a city with a population of 31,394 people. Our grading scheme was not favorable to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall score of F. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Milford. The city has just two other nursing homes. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is short-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Arbors at Milford
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Even though we graded this nursing home incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable short-term care score this year. We gave it a B- in that category. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility offered fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Interestingly, this nursing home's terrible overall score can't really be attributed to its inspection reports. We gave it a C for our inspections category. We would argue that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. This facility was hit with 9 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This means that it avoided the more significant categories of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbors at Milford?
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. When determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses are seeing residents as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home averaged just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This facility performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored was long-term care. We gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is an abysmal grade. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means the facility did not perform well in our measures relating to resident care. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to only 85.606064 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this facility actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbors at Milford Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arbors at Milford, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arbors at Milford, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arbors at Milford, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arbors at Milford, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for treating several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arbors at Milford, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arbors at Milford, 20.26% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arbors at Milford, 90.12% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arbors at Milford, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arbors at Milford, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Arbors at Milford, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arbors at Milford, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arbors at Milford, 12 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbors at Milford, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 8.49 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.36 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.74 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 13.82 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.02 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 14.05 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.68 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Fmc-Milford LLC0 miles away5890 Meadow Creek Drive Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 248-1690
- Davita - Clermont Inc0.55 miles away5901 Montclair Blvd, Suite 100 Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 248-0593
- Us Renal Care of Kenwood6.26 miles away5150 E. Galbraith Rd., Suite 101 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 791-2698
- Dialysis Clinic Inc6.38 miles away4600 Beechwood Rd., Suite 900 Cincinnati Ohio 45244Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 528-3222
- Nxstage Cincinnati LLC6.95 miles away12065 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45249Dialysis Stations: 10 (513) 712-1300
- Davita Loveland Dialysis6.96 miles away8944 Columbia Rd Suite 6 Loveland Ohio 45140Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 583-5326
- Infiniti Dialysis Center of Cincinnati, LLC6.97 miles away4750 E. Galbraith Road Suite 103 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 3 (513) 791-2137
- Fmc-Liberty Dialysis-Kenwood7.08 miles away8251 Pine Road, Suite 110 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 745-0800