Arbor Village is located in Sapulpa, Oklahoma. This nursing home is a well above average facility, with an overall grade of B+. This place truly has plenty of good features. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall rating, this facility also received an A+ inspection grade. This is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a score of A+ for its long-term care grade. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are well cared for. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbor Village?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. This facility didn't perform quite as well in this category as it did in some other categories. Nevertheless, this is still a respectable score. We analyzed the levels of nurses at the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours the nurses spent with patients, in calculating our score in this area. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure which is well below the national average. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, we gave this nursing home a D for short-term care. This was the nursing home's weakest category grade. Nevertheless, we wouldn't over-emphasize a single bad score. With our short-term care score, we endeavor to create a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. In this nursing home's case, it looks like it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical facility. The final item we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar metrics doomed this facility's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbor Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arbor Village, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arbor Village, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arbor Village, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arbor Village, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arbor Village, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arbor Village, 3.83% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arbor Village, 92.26% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arbor Village, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arbor Village, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Arbor Village, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arbor Village, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arbor Village, 15.05 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbor Village, 70.64% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
- St John Sapulpa, IncCritical Access Hospitals 1.04 miles away1004 East Bryan Sapulpa Oklahoma 74066Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 227-8601
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away6901 South Olympia Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74132Proprietary(918) 388-5701
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.44 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Oklahoma State University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.77 miles away744 West 9th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Government - State(918) 599-1000
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 13.17 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 13.31 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Parkside, IncPsychiatric 13.6 miles away1619 East 13th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74120Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 582-2131
- Fmcna - Sapulpa Dialysis1.03 miles away1013 E Cleveland Sapulpa Oklahoma 74066Dialysis Stations: 18 (918) 227-3351
- Davita - Sapulpa Dialysis2.99 miles away9647 Ridgeview St Tulsa Oklahoma 74131Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 224-9996
- Fmcna - South Tulsa9.76 miles away8260 S Lewis Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Dialysis Stations: 21 (918) 299-2841
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock11.82 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis12.58 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis12.63 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Osu Medical Center Outpatient Dialysis Unit12.78 miles away802 S Jackson Ste 101 Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 599-4072
- Fmcna - North Tulsa13.18 miles away2309 W Edison Ste A Tulsa Oklahoma 74127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 592-0724