Arbor Village is located in Sapulpa, Oklahoma. This nursing home is a well above average facility, with an overall grade of B+. This place truly has plenty of good features. Finally, this facility did have an ownership change in the last 12 months, so we'll have to keep an eye on it to make sure it maintains its excellent quality standards.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Arbor Village has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Sapulpa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area usually have very few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home really excelled in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Very few facilities performed better in this area. Facilities that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 97.026024 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbor Village?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was short-term care. This facility received a favorable short-term care score, with a B in this category. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
The final category we looked at was nursing, proved to be this facility's worst category. We awarded this facility a D in this category. This really is one of the few dings in a strong profile. The nursing category consists of a handful of components, most of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averaged a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. Unfortunately, this nursing home also didn't fare as well as we had hoped in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed for this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbor Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arbor Village, 16.26% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arbor Village, 6.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arbor Village, 4.58% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arbor Village, 5.16% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arbor Village, 22.86% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arbor Village, 16.95% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arbor Village, 96.42% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arbor Village, 6.67% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arbor Village, 14.53% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Arbor Village, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arbor Village, 14.53% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arbor Village, 18.45% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbor Village, 77.83% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
- St John Sapulpa, IncCritical Access Hospitals 1.04 miles away1004 East Bryan Sapulpa Oklahoma 74066Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 227-8601
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away6901 South Olympia Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74132Proprietary(918) 388-5701
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.44 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Oklahoma State University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.77 miles away744 West 9th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Government - State(918) 599-1000
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 13.17 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 13.31 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Parkside, IncPsychiatric 13.6 miles away1619 East 13th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74120Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 582-2131
- Fmcna - Sapulpa Dialysis1.03 miles away1013 E Cleveland Sapulpa Oklahoma 74066Dialysis Stations: 18 (918) 227-3351
- Davita - Sapulpa Dialysis2.99 miles away9647 Ridgeview St Tulsa Oklahoma 74131Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 224-9996
- Fmcna - South Tulsa9.76 miles away8260 S Lewis Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Dialysis Stations: 21 (918) 299-2841
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock11.82 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis12.58 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis12.63 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Osu Medical Center Outpatient Dialysis Unit12.78 miles away802 S Jackson Ste 101 Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 599-4072
- Fmcna - North Tulsa13.18 miles away2309 W Edison Ste A Tulsa Oklahoma 74127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 592-0724