Arbor Village is located in Sapulpa, Oklahoma. This nursing home is a well above average facility, with an overall grade of B+. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes nationally. Fortunately, this nursing home didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for its long-term care grade. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are well cared for. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbor Village?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing rating includes several components, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning a patient at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded ended up being this nursing home's worst area. However, even in its weakest link we still awarded it a respectable grade of C in short-term care. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. It doesn't look like this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbor Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arbor Village, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arbor Village, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which experienced falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arbor Village, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arbor Village, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arbor Village, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients which were given antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arbor Village, 3.91% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arbor Village, 92.49% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arbor Village, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arbor Village, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Arbor Village, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arbor Village, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arbor Village, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbor Village, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
- St John Sapulpa, IncCritical Access Hospitals 1.04 miles away1004 East Bryan Sapulpa Oklahoma 74066Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 227-8601
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away6901 South Olympia Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74132Proprietary(918) 388-5701
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.44 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Oklahoma State University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.77 miles away744 West 9th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Government - State(918) 599-1000
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 13.17 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 13.31 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Parkside, IncPsychiatric 13.6 miles away1619 East 13th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74120Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 582-2131
- Fmcna - Sapulpa Dialysis1.03 miles away1013 E Cleveland Sapulpa Oklahoma 74066Dialysis Stations: 18 (918) 227-3351
- Davita - Sapulpa Dialysis2.99 miles away9647 Ridgeview St Tulsa Oklahoma 74131Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 224-9996
- Fmcna - South Tulsa9.76 miles away8260 S Lewis Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Dialysis Stations: 21 (918) 299-2841
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock11.82 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis12.58 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis12.63 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Osu Medical Center Outpatient Dialysis Unit12.78 miles away802 S Jackson Ste 101 Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 599-4072
- Fmcna - North Tulsa13.18 miles away2309 W Edison Ste A Tulsa Oklahoma 74127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 592-0724